Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Stopped playing around level 4, rather disappointed
03-15-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Stopped playing around level 4, rather disappointed
I missed the kickstarter myself and have picked up City of the Ancients and am looking at Swamps of Death and a handful of expansions in the near future.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2016, 09:05 PM
(03-14-2016 04:06 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  I've seen plenty of people (over on BGG, for example) who missed the Kickstarter and are buying everything they can for the game.

I fit the description for sure! My wife and I LOVE SoB. We can't get enough of it Watchmen02
03-16-2016, 03:00 AM
That's good. I'm glad people are buying it. For any kickstarter that ends at this level of success and number of backers, I'm always curious about how much of their buying audience is picked up in the kickstarter itself, leaving local shops unable to sell as much because the fans already have the game.

It still makes me wonder if the money actually pocketed by FF was enough to weather the time fulfilling the orders of the kickstarter, instead of spending that time working on their other titles to increase their sales on the shelves? Impossible to know, really, and just a random question I've had about other kickstarters as well, so not really looking for an answer - just ruminating.

Writer, Gamer, Professional Geek

Odie Bracy - Fiction Blog

Full Color Gamer
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-16-2016, 09:16 PM
Same here Odie, the Froggers said they wanted to try to do a complete Game as a reason for the KS but
I think SoB may have gotten that bug out of their system.

1.5 aside the wait for the rest of the SoB KS has just gone on too long and the lack of content for their
other titles has probably dried up sales.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: