Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Storage-All from Michaels
03-08-2013, 03:19 AM
Storage-All from Michaels
Went to Michaels arts and crafts yesterday afternoon looking for some type of storage solution for everything. I obtained everything below for around 35$ which is well worth the time it cut down on getting everything set up. The pictures below contain everything from the base set, timber peaks, growing hunger, survival of the fittest and the advanced ability cards (in their own nifty case sent from FF).

As of right now nothing is securing the L shaped boards, scenario or character cards but I'm still on the hunt. The L shaped boards wont shift much but I would like something to hold the other cards in place besides a rubber band. As for the hero/zombie/upgrades/survival tactics/ etc. cards I plan on getting deck boxes (deck pro) and then using separators for the different expansions.

The big organizer (not the large case) and smaller one fit perfectly together and leave just enough room for the tube storage (meant for beads I believe). They hold the large circular pieces (lights out, taken over, fire) very nicely as well as the wounds for quick access. I plan on attaching a folder to the lid of the box for all the rule books/printed scenarios.

As for how much room is left I could probably fit about 7-10 more character cards and about twice as many scenario cards that are in there now. L shaped boards is probably 6-8. Over all I'm really happy with how much everything fits nicely especially since I got it all at once place.

Attached File(s) Image(s)

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2013, 06:24 AM
RE: Storage-All from Michaels
Do you have any info on that box? Dimensions, maybe a SKU if its still on it? I got a Rubbermaid container and some smaller containers to sort and I'm outa room.. I have base game, TP, SOF... No more room. Also the sell 4X6 photo sleeves, three on a sheet. It's almost like the ultra pro sheets for binders. I use those, there pretty slick. I really like the screw together containers with the chips in them, I might look into those myself. Very nice set up.

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-08-2013, 02:06 PM
Does this hold all expansions through TP?
03-08-2013, 07:38 PM (This post was last modified: 03-08-2013 08:01 PM by Akfromla.)
(03-08-2013 02:06 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Does this hold all expansions through TP?

Currently I have the base game, timber peaks, growing hunger, survival of the fittest and the advanced abilities cards all in that box. The only thing that is not in the box in the pictures are the cards from the hero/zombie decks. I'll be buying deck pro boxes for them with separators for the expansions, and there is plenty of room for those deck boxes.

(03-08-2013 06:24 AM)friskers96 Wrote:  Do you have any info on that box? Dimensions, maybe a SKU if its still on it? I got a Rubbermaid container and some smaller containers to sort and I'm outa room.. I have base game, TP, SOF... No more room. Also the sell 4X6 photo sleeves, three on a sheet. It's almost like the ultra pro sheets for binders. I use those, there pretty slick. I really like the screw together containers with the chips in them, I might look into those myself. Very nice set up.

The big tub is a Creative Options File Tub 17"X15"X5" 708. SKU-708082
The large inner organizer doesn't have a name so I've attached a picture of the bar-code. The circular device is pretty common at micheals.

03-09-2013, 08:00 PM
wow, this is super exciting...you got me thinking. what a wonderful way to get everything ready to go for a game. not that set-up takes that much time, but this is way more professional looking. I use ziplocs for everything, but it makes things fit less well in the box. thank you for sharing!

"with just a touch of my burning hand..."
03-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Straight outa the box it would take me roughly 30min to get set. Now I have zombie packs and hero packs, general game chip pack. Out on the table, everyone talking smack, and starting in 10 min or less..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Update for my storage. Got some deck pro cases that hold all the zombie/hero cards and the black box (dragon shield) has the grave weapons/survival tactics. Right now i just have some yellow paper in between the expansions but I'll be getting something more solid in the future.

03-18-2013, 05:39 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 05:39 PM by alderdust.)
I like the idea of having the containers for tokens I always put them back in the punch sheets after every game.
03-18-2013, 07:44 PM
(03-18-2013 05:39 PM)alderdust Wrote:  I like the idea of having the containers for tokens I always put them back in the punch sheets after every game.

O yea that's what we did as well. I got tired of it after awhile especially since some of the top layers started to fray after being forced back in so many times.

Sadly with BiTF expansion I might have to get myself another small container just for map pieces
03-19-2013, 10:18 PM
Whoa that's cool!
I picked up a small tote for all of the dice, figures and counters but I still use the boxes to hold the cards and boards. And that thing holds it all...I am sensing a trip to Michael's some time during spring break!