Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Votes - 5 Average
Stories of the Undead Inferno Expansion Released!
02-06-2011, 11:37 PM (This post was last modified: 02-06-2011 11:39 PM by D153453D.)
RE: Stories of the Undead Inferno Expansion Released!
(02-06-2011 10:48 AM)dalembraun Wrote:  I plan to print this out and take it to GameStorm in Vancouver WA for their Mar 24-27 convention! Excellent job!

Just be sure to play it out a few times first and please ask questions if something doesn't add up. Remember, it all makes sense in MY head, but I may not have accurately converted that onto paper. I'm sure there are errors in there, or stuff needs to be better explained.

(02-06-2011 11:12 PM)jezorin Wrote:  I am quite impressed with this project. As far as the burning zombies, investing in some red plastic zombies might be an easy (though more expensive) way to distinguish them.

Yeah that would be a ton easier. Also, if they get extinguished just swap them for a normal one. Those only problem would the Plague Carrier Scenario, but that's not a big problem.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2011, 12:40 AM
The translucent red zombies work very well for fiery zombies, and remain different from the Plague Carrier zombies.
02-07-2011, 11:42 PM
one question where do we go to print these map pieces and handbook out, any suggestions.
02-07-2011, 11:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2011 03:06 AM by D153453D.)
(02-06-2011 03:15 AM)Ryuk Wrote:  I went to Kinko's today to ask about printing prices and stuff. (I've never been in the place before).
They said to print on card stock and laminate 11x17 would be $6.92. (Laminate is $3.99)
Office Max said print/laminate would be $3.50. (Print on paper, but they said after lamination it would be quite thick)
Each store also had a thick foam board that I thought might be a good idea for the tokens. They said that the foam board could also be laminated but I have my doubts as to whether after lamination this could then be cut up without ruining the laminate. (Seems like it would peel/flake apart)

Anyone know about the quality of the printing in these stores?
Is this a good idea or is there a better/cheaper way to go?
Am I right about ruining the laminate when cutting it up?

Thanks for the good info.

(02-07-2011 11:42 PM)steve.esper Wrote:  one question where do we go to print these map pieces and handbook out, any suggestions.

Well, they should be made to fit 11x17 printers. Most home printers can do this.

Or See Ryuk's post.

Before spending money on these, I would suggest just printing them at home, and if you really enjoy then try some of the alternatives posted.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
02-09-2011, 12:38 AM
(02-06-2011 01:04 PM)Brichs Wrote:  Hey, if you guys want somebody to make this look good for you, you should have a look over on BGG: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/6235648#6235648
It was a nice offer but Jason FFP probably didn't liked the idea...the thread now says "Offer removes by request from Jason. Nothing to see here ;-) "
02-09-2011, 04:15 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 05:35 AM by D153453D.)
Thanks, guys. I'm updating/clarify some of the rules for clarity.

I'm also reducing the size by about half as well as adding a permanent flaming Manor House as it would make the scenario much easier to play. Less Fire management and more slaughtering!

EDIT: Updated Version 2 is a go. Grammar and rule clarity enhanced!

02-09-2011, 06:05 AM (This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 06:06 AM by Talos.)
Still haven't got your free time back? Watchmen02
02-09-2011, 06:21 AM
LOL, hopefully this is IT. I'm praying.

02-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Well, your efforts are really appreciated. I hate to think of the amount of time you spent not only coming up with the rules and scenarios, but also making the whole package looking so professional. It is a wonderful tribute to FFPs source material and a credit to you. +Rep!
02-10-2011, 02:06 AM
This expansion looks really cool. I will have to download it for my friend who owns the game...we can play it one day.

I haven't looked at it in great detail yet. I thought I would read all of the posts here first. I notice people are saying that they are printing this stuff on 11x17 printers...will a regular colour-laser home printer not print these out to the right size?? I have a standard colour laser and inkjet printer and I don't think they support 11x17.

Thanks for all your hard work. It's people like you who make these games that much more interesting. I'm sure I'll be writing back some more after I've gone through the material in detail Watchmen02