Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Stories of the Undead Inferno Expansion - Released!
12-07-2010, 08:10 AM
RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion
That parkinglot looks amazing! It looks simular to the real game! Keep up the great work! Zombie17
Find all posts by this user
12-08-2010, 01:28 AM
(12-07-2010 01:39 AM)mqstout Wrote:  How's the art being done? Hand-drawn for the purpose?

The sewer works simply: When placed, there are three matching pieces. Two "sewer entrance" tokens and an "in the sewer" board space-tile that's set off to the side. When in the the space with either of the entrances, you have an additional space you're adjacent to: the one that's the sewer space-tile. And, when you're in the sewer, you're adjacent to both sewer entrances.

That's it.

Thanks for the info. As for the artwork, I'm manipulating elements in photoshop from the original boards to try and match the style for the outsides as close as possible. I'm able do to this for the most part since the outside is relatively the same. I'm also using some original elements for the inside to add for scale in which I'm rendering everything else by hand since it is all new stuff.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
12-08-2010, 09:14 AM
Excellent work there.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-09-2010, 08:11 AM
your thirth pic looks very good (respect for the others also, but I liked the way you made one messy room for example.) Will the be available for download ??
12-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Looks great!
12-10-2010, 05:46 AM
where did you get the images of the original boards in order to manipulate them? after seeing his excellent work, I was so excited to try something. I'm thinking of a morgue (where the zombies have some advantage, but still dont know which one) and use some ideas taken from the walking dead hq, thinking about a trailer, and my big idea was to create a jail using the L 4 and center (it would sentry boxes, where it was a hero his ranged would be larger cells, with patio block, refectory, bathroom, hall director, the guards' room).
12-11-2010, 07:15 AM (This post was last modified: 12-11-2010 07:37 AM by D153453D.)
(12-10-2010 05:46 AM)freddsl Wrote:  where did you get the images of the original boards in order to manipulate them? after seeing his excellent work, I was so excited to try something. I'm thinking of a morgue (where the zombies have some advantage, but still dont know which one) and use some ideas taken from the walking dead hq, thinking about a trailer, and my big idea was to create a jail using the L 4 and center (it would sentry boxes, where it was a hero his ranged would be larger cells, with patio block, refectory, bathroom, hall director, the guards' room).

Scanned them and chopped up what I needed. I was thinking about doing a custom center as well to tie everything together as well, but I don't think that will ever happen. Making a building that large with multiple rooms has is challenges... considering you actually have very limited space with the L boards only 3 squares wide.

1 L board completed (basically) with a nice cramp in my hand. I was pushing for a board a week, but my hand may need a break. We'll see how it goes. Perhaps I'll start on the rules manual for a break. I'll post some close ups tomorrow.

Enjoy!

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
12-12-2010, 10:23 AM
That board looks amazing! I think FFP should hire you on the spot! Watchmen02 CanĀ“t wait for what you have instore for us next. Just one question why red walls on one of the buildnings?
12-14-2010, 07:59 AM
RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion - 1 Board Done!
Can'wait for you to upload it!!!!!! It really looks superb!! Keep it up.
12-17-2010, 05:19 AM
RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion - 1 Board Done!
Thanks guys.

This week has been real busy and started pretty late with this board. It most likely won't get finished over the weekend but sometime next week. This is the sawmill and it still needs a lot of work, but I'm debating on whether or not extra movement should occur going up the conveyor belt should happen. I'm also debating whether or not to include the "woodchipper" as a special square where you could toss a zombie into it or not.

I already have some ideas about rules for it but let me know what you think.

Thread Closed