Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Stories of the Undead Inferno Expansion - Released!
12-23-2010, 04:21 PM
RE: RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion - 2 Boards Done!
Fantastic work, D153453D! Wonder if FFP knows about such dedicated fans as yourself, and if they would ever "borrow" (with permission, of course, or freelance style) or have a CONTEST (FFP, you listening?) to make such wonderful additions a reailty on the heavy stock boards. There's soo many great ideas here, and in the download sections, that it would be hard to choose. But to have these pieces on their materials would be too sweet!

Thanks for the contributions, soo great, and can't wait to see the rest!

On a seperate note, does anyone know where a guy can get a copy of Photoshop, low key style (PM, anyone?)? And to purchase, about how much does it run for? I really want to strt sharing some of my ideas!!

[IMG]http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r249/rg__13/AnImAtEd%20GIF%20ImAgEs/thMrsVoorhees-Zombie.gif[/IMG]
Find all posts by this user
12-24-2010, 01:22 AM
You can get The Gimp for free. That's a pretty intense graphics program. Also, aside from Mary Beth, FFP doesn't seem too interested in any form of outside help.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-24-2010, 05:17 AM
RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion - 2 Boards Done!
(12-23-2010 04:21 PM)four_2113 Wrote:  On a seperate note, does anyone know where a guy can get a copy of Photoshop, low key style (PM, anyone?)? And to purchase, about how much does it run for? I really want to strt sharing some of my ideas!!

Photoshop CS5: $699.00 new, $199.00 Upgrade from CS4
Photoshop CS5 Extended: You don't even want to know...

Go with GIMP, OR an old Copy of PaintShop Pro 9 (From JASC not COREL!) on E-bay or something... PSP9 will open and save PSD files (I discovered the other day) but some features may not be avaliable unless the PSD was made with an older copy of PhotoShop. PSCS is just tooooooo freaking expensive for anything but businesses. Or, if you feel lucky and have a seriously good Virus scanner, you could try and find a hacked copy... But I wouldn't recommend it.
12-24-2010, 10:36 AM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2010 11:50 AM by Onemangang.)
RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion - 2 Boards Done!
(12-24-2010 01:22 AM)Sarku Wrote:  You can get The Gimp for free. That's a pretty intense graphics program. Also, aside from Mary Beth, FFP doesn't seem too interested in any form of outside help.

It can be but at the other hand I readed a thread on BGGeek in which people discussed the Heropack 1 before it was released. It seemed there was a weaponcard which showed as a Image Victor, with handcuffs holding a weapon. I remember some people saying stuff like "This looks as the escaped convict we where asking for at FFP"and others confirming that ... maybe FFP is surfing around once and a while ...
On this site I saw Deadrabbit wrote a idea about barricades and it seems like in S of the F his idea came back in almost the same form he mentioned ...

maybe a coinsedence but you never no Zombie03
12-24-2010, 06:36 PM
So then they're just stealing ideas and giving no one credit. Got it. Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
12-24-2010, 07:02 PM (This post was last modified: 12-24-2010 07:02 PM by mqstout.)
onemangang, they're also very common tropes in the genre... which is why people were asking for them.
12-24-2010, 08:38 PM
I am pretty new to the game (as you have probably understood ... ) Sarku and Mqstout. I understand both your experiences with FFP are not that good so far?
Sorry for hacking your thread D153453D (just filling up the gap while you are gone Zombie03 )
12-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Oh no, not at all! We've [well, at least I have] had great experiences with FFP.
12-24-2010, 10:57 PM
I have been following this thread for a bit, and I just wanted to chime in and thank D153453D for this wonderful work. The sawmill looks like a blast! I will totally try these out when they are complete. Beautiful.
12-25-2010, 06:39 AM
Well if its the case they they do steal work that only gives me more incentive to finish it faster, lol! If anything I'd feat it is the other way around. I haven't player IFoS, but somebody brought it to my attention that they already have fire in that game, and they put their rules on the web like 2 weeks ago. I read it and aren't 100% sure how it works, but the rules I came up are quite similar which worries me. They differ enough as mine are turned every round indicating a fire slowly burning out and only the hottest fire can spread. I'll make it much clearer for release; don't worry.

I've heard from several of you members that they do everything in house and don't really take suggestions, but I'm still going to contact them towards complete to see if I can at least get them to print me a set (again not sure how they do their printing) of the boards I made so they are as close to looking official as they can get. It's worth a shot.

Also, I have started working on the firestation before I left for the holidays so I can post some progress pictures when I get back.

ALSO! On the forth board there is a kennel, and I'm debating on whether or not there is a space where "youths" can slip under the fence for a rear escape. It will be illustrated as there were traces of dogs there but they escaped by digging a hole under the fence. It will effect the layout of my board so let me know what any of you think about that idea.

Happy Holidays

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
Thread Closed