Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Stories of the Undead Inferno Expansion - Released!
12-25-2010, 11:21 AM
RE: RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion - 2 Boards Done!
Hey D153453D,
You know I like your design a lot and you asked for opinions on the layout and gameplaying so I give your mine:
The thingy about youth slipping under the fence is a nice turn on the game, but it might give them a false advantage above the other heroes, I think. Maybe the slipping could be done by a D6 roll for all heroes (and zombies too so this might become more balanced between both sides). It might be considered a nice idea to put some (Pacmanlike) transportation behind the fende so they could show up on a other side of the board. It could be shown as a one square forestpath on a side of two L-shaped boards. It would add some surprising moments in the game.

Just my thoughts about it. Keep it up!! You are doing fine.
Find all posts by this user
12-25-2010, 09:59 PM
RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion - 2 Boards Done!
(12-25-2010 11:21 AM)Onemangang Wrote:  Hey D153453D,
You know I like your design a lot and you asked for opinions on the layout and gameplaying so I give your mine:
The thingy about youth slipping under the fence is a nice turn on the game, but it might give them a false advantage above the other heroes, I think. Maybe the slipping could be done by a D6 roll for all heroes (and zombies too so this might become more balanced between both sides). It might be considered a nice idea to put some (Pacmanlike) transportation behind the fende so they could show up on a other side of the board. It could be shown as a one square forestpath on a side of two L-shaped boards. It would add some surprising moments in the game.

Well, it wouldn't be dissimilar from the fact that youths can squeeze through pinch points. But I agree that if the alternate route were too long, it might be too much of an advantage. The die rolls might be a good idea, and then, of course, youths would be given a better chance of success on their rolls.

If my planet were a superball, I'd be its' mighty King.
But ruling over rubber probably doesn't mean a thing.
12-29-2010, 01:07 AM (This post was last modified: 12-29-2010 01:17 AM by D153453D.)
(12-25-2010 09:59 PM)Worldmaggot Wrote:  
(12-25-2010 11:21 AM)Onemangang Wrote:  Hey D153453D,

Well, it wouldn't be dissimilar from the fact that youths can squeeze through pinch points. But I agree that if the alternate route were too long, it might be too much of an advantage. The die rolls might be a good idea, and then, of course, youths would be given a better chance of success on their rolls.

The dice roll or the youth pinch point are the 2 that I was considering. It's a small building so the alternate route wouldn't be bad. It would just provide a little chance of escape in case the zombie has you cornered ( that is if its a dice roll ). I like the idea of combining both so the youths get a better chance. I'll have to see if any wording like that can even fit on a board, lol.

After a few days holiday break I'm back on the job, and here's the latest progress shot from the 3rd board. This is the fire station and part of it is still subject to change, but as you can see it features a second story and a collapsed garage.

Due to individual post limit with pictures I'll continue to add them with every new post instead of adding them to the OP because its limited.

Firestation Status:Rendering and needs MAJOR color correction

[Image: lnoeprogress8.jpg]

Residence Status:Still in CAD

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
12-29-2010, 12:13 PM
Once again, it is looking very good! Maybe you could add some signs on it for forbidden fire (so you can't use 'fire' in this place or maybe that is a better idea for a gasstation later on Zombie03 ). Props to you!!
12-30-2010, 10:10 AM
This looks so good. Keep it up.
12-30-2010, 11:44 AM
Amazing work. Looking forward to these.
12-30-2010, 01:42 PM
Been meaning to ask you a question, hopefully this thought won't be too taxing... How about some small grass only areas? I think either 3x3 or 3x4 sqr...

I had a thought of adding L-boards OUTSIDE the current L-boards... to enlarge the town... But they leave a gap between the outer L-boards. So I was thinking, since you are so good at this, maybe you could fix that problem for me? Just plain grassy area to fill the spaces, maybe a tree if you wanted to... But just something to fill the gap. Think that is feasible? And easy enough? Could go along with the boards you are making too... If it works, I can write up some additional (albeit simple) rules for expanding the size of the game board this way. Been thinking about it for a long time now... Ever since growing Hunger came out actually...

What does everyone think of that?
12-30-2010, 04:48 PM
(12-30-2010 01:42 PM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  Been meaning to ask you a question, hopefully this thought won't be too taxing... How about some small grass only areas? I think either 3x3 or 3x4 sqr...

I had a thought of adding L-boards OUTSIDE the current L-boards... to enlarge the town... But they leave a gap between the outer L-boards. So I was thinking, since you are so good at this, maybe you could fix that problem for me? Just plain grassy area to fill the spaces, maybe a tree if you wanted to... But just something to fill the gap. Think that is feasible? And easy enough? Could go along with the boards you are making too... If it works, I can write up some additional (albeit simple) rules for expanding the size of the game board this way. Been thinking about it for a long time now... Ever since growing Hunger came out actually...

Nice idea. But wouldn't it take a lot of more time to play it and the zombies should also have a larger army like 21 at least, otherwise the slow-bro's wil never cath up with the heroes. But I liked the idea.
12-31-2010, 02:10 AM (This post was last modified: 12-31-2010 02:11 AM by D153453D.)
(12-30-2010 01:42 PM)Gothicincarnation Wrote:  Been meaning to ask you a question, hopefully this thought won't be too taxing... How about some small grass only areas? I think either 3x3 or 3x4 sqr...

I can't tell you how much of a brilliant idea that is for being so simple. Damnit, I wanted to be done with this after these 4 boards! You gave me an idea that I can't pass up now! I was already planning a middle board with its own scenario which involves the zombies burning down the radio tower before the heros can send out a signal for help. (Again, I'll post rules for fire later, but it's got me very exited.)

You see... the radio tower was supposed to be in the middle of the woods, but the size of the middle board didn't allow for much of a forest. However, if you put 2x3 (6 tiles) "spacers" between the board it would open up the middle for a larger forest. Hurray!

But then I began to think... why make one large middle board when I can make a ton of 2x3 (6 tiles) "spacers" in which you can fill in randomly in the center! Along with grass there would be: the radio tower, forest, campsites (with fire), zombie spawning pits, a crashed chopper to search, a cave to search, etc...

Having a variety of these to place in between the boards as well as creating the center would change up the layout a lot! It would be very random every time!

Again, great idea. It's such a simple idea with tons of potential.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also,expect a fire station update tonight...I have 4 more spaces to render.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
12-31-2010, 02:51 AM
*Blush* My little idea just got a whole lot bigger... My idea was good? You're expansion on it is awesome too. We make a good team. Watchmen02
Thread Closed