Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
Stories of the Undead Inferno Expansion - Released!
11-30-2010, 03:56 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2011 02:52 PM by mqstout.)
Stories of the Undead Inferno Expansion - Released!
This thread has been closed. Please follow the post-release thread here:
http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ased--1637
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
110MB of Burning, Brain Munching Mayhem
The entire thing is available in 5 parts. Download them all!
WARNING: This is a lot of content to take in so incorporate them slowly!

FAQ Thread http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Thre...ansion-FAQ

[Image: 11x17boardsawmill.jpg]

[Image: 11x17boardresidence.jpg]

[Image: 11x17boardfirestation.jpg]

[Image: 11x17boardcheapmotel.jpg]

[Image: 11x17markersfire.jpg]

[Image: 11x17markersrubble.jpg]

[Image: 11x17markersdebris.jpg]

[Image: 85x11scenariotheundeadi.jpg]

[Image: coverntk.jpg]

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
Find all posts by this user
11-30-2010, 06:01 AM
RE: 4 Boards in the Making (Need Help)
I will lower the number thst zombieplayers have to roll to get on the second floor.
Having a look in real life will tell you that it would be nearly impossible to barricade all the staircases in big buildings. Zombies can use stairs Watchmen02

Have the heroes have the barricade option to their advantage might be something to concider.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-30-2010, 07:02 AM
to ascend to the second floor, this +5, the zombie is to cross a barricade and go to second? or just go to the second floor?
on the second floor, if there is nothing blocking the passage, would be like to walk normally.
now if you have a barricade, use the rules of the game on barricades.

show how it was when finished.

I was thinking of doing 2 L board using a prison.
or make a shoping, using a full board game, it would be very cool.
use larger constructions, and work in separate rooms(different pickups as well as can be Taken Over separately), as you say you have.
11-30-2010, 07:20 AM
(11-30-2010 07:02 AM)freddsl Wrote:  to ascend to the second floor, this +5, the zombie is to cross a barricade and go to second? or just go to the second floor?
on the second floor, if there is nothing blocking the passage, would be like to walk normally.
now if you have a barricade, use the rules of the game on barricades.

show how it was when finished.

I was thinking of doing 2 L board using a prison.
or make a shoping, using a full board game, it would be very cool.
use larger constructions, and work in separate rooms(different pickups as well as can be Taken Over separately), as you say you have.

Well the zombies could use the stairs just like the heros have to. The second story rule applies to zombies moving through regular walls. The second story is supposed to offer an advantage of safety from the zombies.

So the zombie player would roll his zombie to see if he climbs, and if unsucessful he can move it closer the stairs.

The trade off for this advantage is that the buildings are harder to navigate for the heros due to the inclusion of interior walls like those found on the manor.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
11-30-2010, 07:21 AM
A good idea would be that it takes 3 movement points to get to the second floor. That alone is a good enough benefit. Disregarding cards, that's three turns to get up the stairs. They should be able to drop off the roof and have a chance to die on a d6 roll of 1 or 2.
11-30-2010, 03:07 PM (This post was last modified: 11-30-2010 03:07 PM by mqstout.)
I'd go for simplicity and make the rules comparable to the Sewers from Survival of the Fittest. There's a "warp space" -- the stairwell -- you go to, and, for one movement point, you "teleport" to the other space that's upstairs/downstairs. No chances. If you want it to take time, have a stairwell space (side board even, a la sewers) to indicate "in the stairwell". It'd also allow for tactical movement -- the zombie or heroes might defend the stairs. Just make sure that here's indication of which walls can't be busted through, depending on how the boards are done.
11-30-2010, 04:57 PM
A elevator would be a nice item to add. It cuold double your speed for example with the risk of getting "out of order" by a roll of 1.
12-04-2010, 06:06 AM
RE: My (Not so) Mini Expansion
Updated Thread. I've got everything figured out with and pics are included.

12-07-2010, 12:54 AM
The parking lot is "completed" for now until i make my final pass and color correct all the boards.

I'm still uncertain about whether or not to put a sewer pipe in the parking lot.

I don't have SoTF so I'm not sure how they work. Getting a free sewer token may be too powerful, so if you know the ruling on those please let me know!

12-07-2010, 01:39 AM
How's the art being done? Hand-drawn for the purpose?

The sewer works simply: When placed, there are three matching pieces. Two "sewer entrance" tokens and an "in the sewer" board space-tile that's set off to the side. When in the the space with either of the entrances, you have an additional space you're adjacent to: the one that's the sewer space-tile. And, when you're in the sewer, you're adjacent to both sewer entrances.

That's it.
Thread Closed