Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Story Scenarios"
06-01-2011, 09:03 AM
"Story Scenarios"
Hello!

I was wondering if anyone developed a storyline for this game to play with a bunch of players.

I don't know if this is clear, but it's something I've always wanted to do and wanted to see if it was already done to get inspiration from it.

But it'd be something like:

Part 1A: Becky and two students are at the hospital and have to survive 15 turns versus 7 zombie on the hospital and diner board.

PART 1B: Both cops and the fugitive have to beat 14 zombies and survive for ten turns.

PART 2: If three or more characters survived, they must get away by doing the "Start the Car" mission. If one or two characters survived, they go looking for more people at the high school. They find two other students. And must survive in the high school for 7 seven turns against 14 zombies.

Something like that. Where it is branching along multiple routes and can encompass up to three games going at once.

I don't know if this made any sense, but if anybody knows what I'm talking about and knows if something like this has been done before, please point me into the right direction!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2011, 05:51 AM
RE: "Story Scenarios"
I think these are generally called "campaign" games. There may be a few posted if you search around. I rememnber a few interesting ones.

Growing hunger suggests that you use the mini game as a pre-story for the larger scenarios. There was a thread that used that idea too.

Campaign Thread

I am lucky if I find time to play a single scenario, usually. they always seem to take 2+ hours or so for us. That is usually plenty for my wife.
06-03-2011, 01:13 AM
"Campaign!"

That's exactly what I was looking for, thanks!
06-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Glad I could help. Lookin forward to see what you come up with. Zombie12
06-30-2011, 07:20 PM
For something like that to work, you might want to consider running it almost like a Dungeon Master - do game 1A with one group one night, game 1B with another group a second night, and then bring the survivors of both games in on a third night for game 2, unless you have two copies of the game that would let you run games 1A and 1B simultaneously.
07-01-2011, 05:31 PM
(06-30-2011 07:20 PM)thanatos Wrote:  For something like that to work, you might want to consider running it almost like a Dungeon Master - do game 1A with one group one night, game 1B with another group a second night, and then bring the survivors of both games in on a third night for game 2, unless you have two copies of the game that would let you run games 1A and 1B simultaneously.

Unless it's a 1v1 game, where it wouldn't matter anymore. When using the individual character method from GH, I've found it fun to set the L-piece aside with the hero on it, and use that particular piece for whichever scenario you end up playing. All the characters start off in the same spot where they left off, which gives an even greater feel to the continuation of the game. If you want to get really mean with it, leave whatever zombies are left there too, and use them instead of (or as part of) the initial zombie setup.
07-01-2011, 06:12 PM
Nifty! I haven't been able to find a copy of GH yet (almost found one, but it sold the day before I got my paycheck), so I'm not familiar with its rule additions, but I like that idea.