Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
"Strange" and Burn Em Out Clarification
03-15-2010, 02:31 AM
"Strange" and Burn Em Out Clarification
So in the last game that we played, we tried Burn Em Out! for the first time and I have a couple questions.

1, Destroying the spawning pit.

"To destroy a Zombie Spawning Pit, a Hero must start in the space, give up their turn, and discard an Explosive. The Hero must survive any Zombie Fights in their space before the pit is destroyed."

So, the way we played, Hero turn starts on the pit, they discard the explosive and give up their turn, the spawning pit is then destroyed. Now, is that correct or does it have to go through a Zombie turn to have the pit destroyed.

Also, does the game end if the Zombie Player kills off two Heroes?

In the same game, I used the card that changes the Hero's keyword to Strange and does not allow Townfolk event cards to be used on them. Is that a normal rule with Strange characters like the drifter? Can Townsfolk cards not be used on them at all?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2010, 05:40 AM (This post was last modified: 03-15-2010 05:42 AM by Jrep.)
RE: "Strange" and Burn Em Out Clarification
You played Burn'em out correctly. As for your "Strange" question, in nowhere in any rule book does it indicate that Townsfolk cannot be played on them. This effect is therefore unique to the card.

EDIT: Zombie player always wins on 4 kills unless otherwise stated. As far as I can remember the only scenario that requires less than 4 kills is 1) Die Zombie Die and 2) Save the Townsfolk
03-15-2010, 06:31 AM
Jrep Wrote:You played Burn'em out correctly. As for your "Strange" question, in nowhere in any rule book does it indicate that Townsfolk cannot be played on them. This effect is therefore unique to the card.

EDIT: Zombie player always wins on 4 kills unless otherwise stated. As far as I can remember the only scenario that requires less than 4 kills is 1) Die Zombie Die and 2) Save the Townsfolk

Thank for explaining. Well, this would make only the second game i've lost. After killing two new players so that they wouldn't think the game was stupid, I pulled some of my cards, guess I didn't really need to XD One of the new players destroyed 2 of the pits!
03-18-2010, 10:18 PM
Jrep Wrote:As for your "Strange" question, in nowhere in any rule book does it indicate that Townsfolk cannot be played on them. This effect is therefore unique to the card.

I agree. Thematically, if a normal, non-strange character suddenly started to act strange, the Townsfolk would start to worry about them more than say Jake who has always been a bit strange. Zombie17 Zombie17
07-21-2010, 04:43 AM
zombie67 Wrote:I agree. Thematically, if a normal, non-strange character suddenly started to act strange, the Townsfolk would start to worry about them more than say Jake who has always been a bit strange. Zombie17 Zombie17

This is a pretty fair statement. But I do feel compelled to point out that, in the context of this game, I tend to think that labeling someone as "strange" doesn't refer to them as acting "weird", it refers to the fact that they don't come from Woodinvale. They are strangers. That's why the drifter is "strange." He's a drifter, a nomad, just passing through. However, it's a good bet that he's also a bit eccentric, so to speak, so I suppose it's debatable.