Hi everyone! TheZombieGame.com will be shutting it's doors on 24 May 2024. This page has been going for years and years and it's time for me to stop spending money on it. See you in another life!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Strength of Spirit Timing
04-27-2011, 03:30 AM (This post was last modified: 04-27-2011 03:33 AM by mqstout.)
RE: Strength of Spirit Timing
If it's a RIP card, it can be canceled at any time. But there will be that brief period that the building IS taken over once the die is rolled and before it's fully resolved and a RIP card and able to be canceled again. So once it's not canceled and rolled, the building will be taken over and filled with zombies. However, it can then be canceled to remove the Taken Over marker (but not the zombies).

Quote:Play Immediately

Roll a Random Building and place a Taken Over marker on it.

Place a Zombie from the Zombie Pool in each empty space of this building. No Hero may enter this building or Search here. If the building has already been Taken Over, Re-roll. Zombies placed here may not move this turn.

Remains in Play

From the Wiki FAQ for that very card:
Quote:Q. If the Zombie Player plays ‘My God, They've Taken the..’ card and randomly rolls the building and gets the Hospital so he starts filling up the Hospital with Zombies can the Heroes say ‘Wait! We play Principal Gomez and cancel that card’... question is does Principal Gomez cancel the card before any Zombies are placed or do the Zombies still get placed?

A. As a general rule, a card may not be canceled after it has caused dice to be rolled (or re-rolled). In your example of ‘My God, They've Taken the...’, you could either cancel the card before the Random Building has been rolled, or wait until the card has fully been played (placing Zombies etc); then once the card is left on the table as 'Remains in Play', cancel it. This would remove the Taken Over marker but leave the new Zombies in play.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply