Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sucker Punch!!!
04-09-2011, 10:36 PM
Sucker Punch!!!
Alright. Here's a quick review of Sucker Punch...

This film is probably one of the most artistic and beautiful films I've ever seen. Zack Snyder definitely has an eye for this stuff. The eye-candy of the movie is worth the price of admission alone. (If you're into that kind of stuff, go see it. A no-brainer). The fight scenes are awesome and well-choreographed and a sight to behold. I want to see it again just to take it all in. Beautiful, beautiful film. The story is lacking (just a little bit). Throughout the film, more than once, I was like... Huh!?!? Zombie12 But that might change after the initial viewing. Like I said, I think it's a film that will definitely benefit from a second viewing. I'll be waiting to do that until the Blu-Ray comes out. A definite purchase for me.

3.5 out of 5.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-11-2011, 10:30 PM
RE: Sucker Punch!!!
Sweet! That's the first positive review I've heard.

Zalgo....he comes.
04-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Yeah I heard pretty negative reviews too, despite looking forward to this movie... Should I go see it in theatre or wait for dvd?

*Braaaiiiinnnnns......*
Find all posts by this user
04-12-2011, 02:11 AM
As a preface to my initial review, keep in mind, I was going into the theater with nothing but negative feelings. I was ready to not like the movie yet it swayed me rather easily. I think the critics were being harsh on it just to be harsh as it's a beautiful movie.

I'd go see it again in a heartbeat. I might have to see it as a matinee or at the cheap theater if it comes out there. Do I think you should wait until DVD? Nah!!! Give it a shot. I'd say it warrants at least one full-priced viewing.

The film is good, but remember, the title is Sucker Punch. Expect the unexpected.

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
04-12-2011, 03:09 PM
Gotcha, thank for the update!

*Braaaiiiinnnnns......*
04-12-2011, 03:26 PM
I remember when 'The Spirit' came out, I was scared off of it by poor reviews.

Only much later did I see it on cable and thought...Damn! I actually liked it. I'm trying to stop listening to reviews from anything other than friends.

Zalgo....he comes.
04-13-2011, 08:30 PM
An awesome animation featuring fantabulous steam-punk zombies!!!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
04-20-2011, 03:26 PM
As Hitler said in Inglourious Basterds, "Nein nein nein nein nein nein nein!". I must disagree and join the chorus of negative reviews. I went into this movie with high expectations, based on the Director, the Previews and the magazine articles I had read (and no I wasn't going for the eye candy or the actresses who I imagine are all quite good given the right roles). I'm a huge movie buff too so I don't impress that easily these days.

My main problem was the transitions - I won't ruin it by explaining it but going from one reality to another just didn't compute. There was no risk in the battles - it was like playing a computer game on the easiest setting - or playing a card game against someone with no appendages.

I don't mind a bit of fantasy, bit if it's fantasy make it fantasy, don't mix and match and if you do, at least sell it better - try Fight Club or Usual Suspects for a work of someones inner mind.

As for the visuals, well yes they were pretty but what's the point of all that steampunk stuff when they posed almost no risk to the characters. Anyway sorry for the rant but someone at work who I saw this with think's that I just don't get it - I do get it, but it's crap Zombie03

I still like you Zack Snyder but you owe me one!!!!
04-20-2011, 09:22 PM
I understand your take and I agree with you on the risk aspect. (Although there was some risk involved, if you remember). But, in the end, who cares? To me, it didn't matter about the whole lack of risk. All of the battles were a site to behold!!! It was the ride I enjoyed. That's the beauty of the movie.

I'd liken it to McFarlane's "Spider-Man" title. It was 95% style and 5% substance. But, boy did I eat it up!

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
04-21-2011, 04:18 AM
I feel this way about movies so often. There are hella movies I like just because of the setting, characters, fights, or whatever, even if the story is majorly flawed. Sometimes it isn;t what the story is about, but how it is told. Hopefully I get to check this out soon; it looks amazing. I heard the soundtrack is pretty keen too.