Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestion for LNOE/IFOS crossover needed
02-09-2016, 09:40 PM
Suggestion for LNOE/IFOS crossover needed
I tried out a scenario last month that involved 12 people playing 16 heroes and 56 zombies. It was slow at times but once they all learned the rules, things sped up a bit. The downside was that we were playing the "Hunker Down" scenario and the players found that they couldn't accomplish the objective because they ended up just surviving. We needed to either bring the zombie count down by half or cut the zombie card hand by half. All in all, everyone had a blast and would be willing to do it again.

I was thinking of having an "Earth Over run" scenario with the Martians involved too. This time there maybe 14 players. I would like to have all 16 heroes again and I would like suggestions on how many zombie/martian players to have, how many zombies/martians should each player have in their pool and how many cards in their hand.

Eg. 8 players with 2 heroes each (total 16), 3 martian players with 9 each (total 27) and 3 zombie players with 7 each (total 21). The zombies would have two cards in hand while the martian players would have three and draw one at a time.

Does this seem balanced?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-09-2016, 10:05 PM
RE: Suggestion for LNOE/IFOS crossover needed
(02-09-2016 09:40 PM)jlafan2001 Wrote:  I tried out a scenario last month that involved 12 people playing 16 heroes and 56 zombies. It was slow at times but once they all learned the rules, things sped up a bit. The downside was that we were playing the "Hunker Down" scenario and the players found that they couldn't accomplish the objective because they ended up just surviving. We needed to either bring the zombie count down by half or cut the zombie card hand by half. All in all, everyone had a blast and would be willing to do it again.

I was thinking of having an "Earth Over run" scenario with the Martians involved too. This time there maybe 14 players. I would like to have all 16 heroes again and I would like suggestions on how many zombie/martian players to have, how many zombies/martians should each player have in their pool and how many cards in their hand.

Eg. 8 players with 2 heroes each (total 16), 3 martian players with 9 each (total 27) and 3 zombie players with 7 each (total 21). The zombies would have two cards in hand while the martian players would have three and draw one at a time.

Does this seem balanced?

How big of a board are you using? I haven't played IfOS, but I've heard that the Martians tend to dominate it.
02-09-2016, 10:47 PM
I will be using the boards from the LNOE base game and growing hunger. So one center board and 8 L-shaped boards. I was thinking of adding the boards from IFOS but that would mean more Hero cards. I will already be adding in growing hunger, survival of the fittest, advanced abilities and the IFOS martians. I thought more Hero cards would be too complicated.
02-09-2016, 10:50 PM
(02-09-2016 10:47 PM)jlafan2001 Wrote:  I will be using the boards from the LNOE base game and growing hunger. So one center board and 8 L-shaped boards. I was thinking of adding the boards from IFOS but that would mean more Hero cards. I will already be adding in growing hunger, survival of the fittest, advanced abilities and the IFOS martians. I thought more Hero cards would be too complicated.

Perhaps a bigger board would help the heroes, and maybe you could give them two dice to roll for movement, keeping the highest one rolled?

Here's the scenario I put together, using all of the board sections from LNoE and its expansions (including Timber Peak and BitF)

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/961020/s...lnoe-games
02-09-2016, 10:59 PM
Holy cow!!!! I thought my scenario was insane.

I will have try a test run for that board layout and tweak the rules for the martians before the actual game.
02-09-2016, 11:05 PM
(02-09-2016 10:59 PM)jlafan2001 Wrote:  Holy cow!!!! I thought my scenario was insane.

I will have try a test run for that board layout and tweak the rules for the martians before the actual game.

Yeah, and if you've got the table space, think what you can do adding in the boards from IfOS.... Insane21
02-10-2016, 02:51 PM
I like the bigger board suggestion. There are a few other layouts out there.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user