Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Suggestions of fun, shortish play theme games.
01-10-2013, 10:26 AM (This post was last modified: 01-10-2013 10:27 AM by Sierra.)
RE: Suggestions of fun, shortish play theme games.
Check out Space Alert if you're looking for something a little different. Playtime is around half an hour or so.

EDIT: It requires audio though, so if you're playing in a gaming hall or similar with a club it might not work.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2013, 02:28 PM
Glad this thread got posted on again so I could chime in. Before playing LNoE or FanG on game night my group usually starts with 1 of 5 games depending on the amount of time we have.

-Zombie Fluxx or Fluxx
-Pandemic
-Forbidden Island
-Elder Sign

They're all pretty quick (around 30-45 minutes) and really fun!

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
01-10-2013, 11:31 PM
I feel like Gears of War is a bit faster than LNOE, maybe about an hour or so to play. That one is pretty fast to setup and tear down too, which is a factor to me sometimes. I also agree that FANG can be setup and played in about an hour, depending on how many players there are. I have my box all labeled and packed correctly (OCD-edly) so I can set it up quick.
01-14-2013, 07:55 AM
Infiltration's a quick game. ("Android: Infiltration") I love it but it doesn't seem to get great reviews.
01-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Infiltration's about the only halfways decent game in the "Android" family of games. It would be total rubbish if it weren't for it being quick. It feels right this way.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user