Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sun Track Cards
03-05-2010, 06:44 PM
RE: Sun Track Cards
Lyude Wrote:I think 24 cards will be ok, but your reasons for 36 are also good... you'll have more variety.

Thanks for the input! I really appreciate it.

Quote:Power Lines Down --> I'll change it to power down or power cut and amaybe add text to say lighters/torchs can ignore this effect (as always)

Mmm, no I prefer the Power Lines Down... it's more descriptive. And the other text doesn't need to be added because those Items already indicate that they may ignore Lights Out, which is what this card puts into effect for all buildings.

Quote:Vaporous cloud--> I'll change it to: Momentary Intelligence. It makes the zombies clever for 1 turn (that's the reason they ignore the hunger and it's momentary ofc)

Well, the indication of "Smell of Brains" and Zombie Hunger itself implies that they can smell the brains, which is what draws them to the Heroes. So the idea is that some kind of other smell overpowers that. I was going to call it Methane Cloud, to imply it is the smell of cows from the farm... but I was trying to stay serious with this. Zombie14P Eh, what the heck, Methane Cloud is a clearer indication of the interference of the smell, so I'll go with that for now.

Quote:Help from a friend--> I think it's a bit overpowered if you can take 4 townsfolk cards. maybe make it once per turn? or only if the heroes share the same square?

Ah, you know, it was meant to be only one... but I would need to make that clearer in the wording. This is on my short list to cut, though...

Quote:Power surge--> I don't understand quite well the text, why is it called power surge? maybe change it to claustrophobia or soemthing like that if reduces the movement if you are inside a building.

The idea was that an electrical shock runs through the buildings...

Quote:Blinded with rage--> It doesn't fit the meaning of the action, a hero lose their turn because killing a zombie is something that enfeeble their mind (at least, they have killed someone) going nuts. But I can't recall anything at the moment :S

Maybe "remorse" would be better... the idea being that they've just gone nuts killing a zombie and now they're frozen in shock. It may not matter, though, because that one is also on my short list of cards to cut.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2010, 07:37 PM
Agree with all your answers Zombie03

You are a really thinking machine hehe
03-06-2010, 06:00 PM
Lyude Wrote:Agree with all your answers Zombie03

You are a really thinking machine hehe

Ha, well I appreciate that, but it's probably more that I have had several hours alone in motels during my travels lately, and some creative energy to burn. I should note that these different variants I've proposed lately should not be taken as an indication that I think the game needs them... I certainly don't think that, and I think it's great exactly as it is. But I was just thinking recently about how there have been a lot of wonderful fan-made characters and scenarios for LNOE, but not so much content made for other elements of the game, or for things that could be added onto the game (without changing it, otherwise). And playing a lot of Arkham Horror made me realize that there are a lot of different ways you can add some interesting elements onto a game system, assuming that the system is structured in a way to support that (which I think LNOE is).

Anyway, as far as the Sun Track Deck goes... we're down to these 27 cards. I want to get the total down to 24, so we need to either get rid of 3 more of these cards, or get rid of 3 more cards and also replace some others...

[Image: LNOE_ST1.jpg]
[Image: LNOE_ST2.jpg]
[Image: LNOE_ST3.jpg]
03-06-2010, 06:43 PM
If 3 have to go down, I'd choose: possesive, electrical surge and the church one.
11-27-2010, 12:47 AM (This post was last modified: 11-27-2010 12:48 AM by juggler69uk.)
(03-06-2010 06:43 PM)Lyude Wrote:  If 3 have to go down, I'd choose: possesive, electrical surge and the church one.

I like the idea of possessive, it sort of fits with all the films having one guy getting good weapons and only him using them
(11-27-2010 12:47 AM)juggler69uk Wrote:  
(03-06-2010 06:43 PM)Lyude Wrote:  If 3 have to go down, I'd choose: possesive, electrical surge and the church one.

I like the idea of possessive, it sort of fits with all the films having one guy getting good weapons and only him using them

Although perhaps it could target one random hero in play rather than all
11-28-2010, 04:06 AM
wow.. will have to set and read this over in detail again and see if I can get my group to use it.

awesome ideas

soundguy
11-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Awesome job, really cool ideas. Unbalanced is the greatest card ever.

While playing LNoE I feel like there is a detail that is often missing, the current weather conditions. I had a rough idea of a deck of environmental cards that affect zombies and heroes while outside. At the beginning of a turn rolling to see if the weather changes (a 1 in 6 chance or something). I only have the original game, so I don't know if there are more cards like heavy rain in the expansions, but while I'm pretending to be in a zombie movie while moving my heroes around, I'm always wondering what the weather is like.

You could even roll to select the season at the beginning of the game. With each season having different weather effects. I don't know, maybe its just my huge desire to have zombies in the winter.

Anyways, I like the idea of making the sun counter a more involved part of the game.
01-19-2011, 07:00 AM
dude these cards are an awesome idea, and you should submit to FF
01-19-2011, 03:54 PM
(01-19-2011 07:00 AM)divinemayhem Wrote:  dude these cards are an awesome idea, and you should submit to FF

yeah i'm really liking them too!