Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Super Zard beast questions
01-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Super Zard beast questions
For those that have played IFoS a lot. The super zard beast scenario where he is immune until you find his weakness? Same page?

Now, we found the weakness. It was indeed Cabbage. The bane of all martian invasions. But that's besides the point.

I had the Sword. An awesome weapon if I do say so myself. Any 6 instantly kills a martian. Now, I'm pretty sure I'm correct in assuming Zard beast and Leader qualify for the martian pre-req.

I went up with an extra fight dice/win on ties card on a fully healed Zard beast. And rolled 3 fight dice. All three are 6's. Am I correct in assuming that with the weakness, I instantly kill the zard beast (Fill all wound boxes.) He rolls to negate wounds and rolls 5 fight dice. He prevents all but 2. Takes 3 wounds. Since I have an additional 6, could I not instantly kill him AGAIN? It says once per 6 rolled. So I basically instantly kill him 3 times over? With him trying to prevent?

COMBAT BONUS: Any time the Hero rolls a 6 on one of their Fight Dice, choose one Martian in the space to be instantly Killed. This may be used once per 6 rolled.

At the end of any Fight in which the Sword was used, roll a D6. Breaks on the roll of 1 or 2 (discard).

So I believe the question is at hand, is how is this played?

* Same time: IE: I instantly deal 15 wounds. Roll to prevent.
* Stacked: IE: I deal 5, prevent, deal 5, prevent, deal 5, prevent.
* I can't target the same martian twice: Doesn't say a different one, but who knows

While it was INCREDIBLY funny to see the Zard beast go down in one swing before combat, I still would have been able to kill him because I would have won the fight, and my wife had the card Overkill which says cant be prevented. It was an awesome round as we had 2 turns left, just wondering if the sword is THAT powerful ;p
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2011, 06:23 AM
RE: Super Zard beast questions
Hrm. I think with three sixes, you can instantly kill three times. However, I don't think you're looking at 15 wounds.

You fill up the remaining wounds. The Zard Beast rolls to prevent any it can. Any it takes it takes. For the second use, fill up the REMAINING wounds. The Zard Beast rolls to prevent any of THOSE wounds it could. And then if it's still alive, it fills up the remaining boxes one more time, and tries to prevent those, too.

In other words, with the description you gave:

He prevents all but two. The sword effect occurs a second time, and he takes TWO wounds (because that's all that's left to kill him), which he then may try to prevent.

That'd be my take, anyway. No clue if that's accurate or not.
01-25-2011, 06:23 PM
RE: Super Zard beast questions
Well, that's certainly a logical version of that. Didn't think of that one. We might of even played it that way, too. ;p