Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Supernatural Characters?
02-24-2014, 05:56 PM (This post was last modified: 02-25-2014 09:15 PM by samuraitrev.)
RE: Supernatural Characters?
The card and character sheets look quality! The fonts are great too. The knife is overpowered though. Instantly killing on a fended off result is too much. I like the discard mechanic.

Good work, maybe tweak it a little. Thanks for providing to the LNoE community.
+1 Rep
Remember to put your work into the download section so it doesn't get lost in the threads time forgot.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-24-2014, 10:57 PM
(02-24-2014 05:56 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  The card and character sheets look quality! The fonts are great too. The knife is overpowered though. Instantly killing on a fended off result is too much. I like the discard mechanic.

Good work, maybe tweak it a little. Thanks for providing to the LNoE community.
+1 Rep
Remember to put your work into the download section so it doesn't get lost in the threads time forgot.

Thanks, yeah I figured the knife might have been a bit overpowered as well. I will probably tweak it. Was looking for something different than the regular old instant kill on a roll of 6. As we all know, that knife was ridiculously over-powerful in the show so was just staying true to the theme. LOL

I'll get all final versions onto the downloads section.
02-25-2014, 09:11 AM
I like your work. Good skills friend
02-25-2014, 07:44 PM
I would say - IMHO - they are both over-powered. The Colt practically guarantees a Hero Upgrade in three turns with no ammo check.
The Knife could yield a Hero Upgrade even more quickly than the Colt. And does "instantly kills" equal a Zombie Hero Kill or similarly, a Champion Kill?

I don't know the TV show. Is the Colt hard to aim or use? Does it jam often or anything like that to try to make it more balanced? Same for the Knife. Any way it can be tempered?

I like the work on the character cards!

Sssshhhh...I thought I heard a feetstep...
02-25-2014, 08:56 PM
(02-25-2014 07:44 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  I would say - IMHO - they are both over-powered. The Colt practically guarantees a Hero Upgrade in three turns with no ammo check.
The Knife could yield a Hero Upgrade even more quickly than the Colt. And does "instantly kills" equal a Zombie Hero Kill or similarly, a Champion Kill?

I don't know the TV show. Is the Colt hard to aim or use? Does it jam often or anything like that to try to make it more balanced? Same for the Knife. Any way it can be tempered?

I like the work on the character cards!

Thanks for the feedback. I have only played the game without the hero and zombie upgrades at this point so that makes a very valid point.

Some info from the show background. The Colt bullets were an instant kill to anything they shot. They really only used the gun when necessary, but I do think I will make it have the chance to miss as well.

Say maybe a 50/50 percent (Hit on roll of 4+) as this should be considered a special weapon rather than only being as good as another pistol or shotgun.
02-25-2014, 09:17 PM
(02-25-2014 08:56 PM)curtismsimcox Wrote:  ...this should be considered a special weapon rather than only being as good as another pistol or shotgun.

Ah perhaps a card for the Unique Items Deck that comes with SotF?
02-25-2014, 10:11 PM
Ok, would they be balanced better this way?

The Colt-
The Colt starts with five ammo tokens on it. Each token can be discarded for a ranged attack. Successful hit on a +4 and instantly kills enemy.

Item does not break. Once all five tokens have been used, this card is removed from the game.

Ruby's Knife
When a hero rolls a 5 or 6 in a fight and wins, instantly kills regardless of doubles being rolled. If doubles are rolled, instantly kills as well.

Roll a Break Test ONLY when suffereing a Wound. Item is discarded on a roll of a 1 or 2 and removed from the game.
02-26-2014, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 02-26-2014 11:50 PM by curtismsimcox.)
Bobby and updated Ruby's Knight and Colt

Attached File(s) Image(s)

03-05-2014, 07:57 AM
One more for you all. :-)

Attached File(s) Image(s)

03-05-2014, 07:13 PM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2014 07:17 PM by samuraitrev.)
(03-05-2014 07:57 AM)curtismsimcox Wrote:  One more for you all. :-)

Lock and Load: I would take out Hero's choice if I were you. Just decide on which Rifle. Plus a lot of people won't be able to use this card if they don't have the Rifle cards. Just something to consider.

Goodbye Dean: You need to be more precise with what happens when she explodes:
1) What happens if any Heroes or Zombies are stood in her space?
2) Does it affect adjacent spaces?
3) Are any new Fires started?

Hope this helps.