Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Supplements confusion
03-21-2012, 07:03 PM
Supplements confusion
I've been browsing the Flying Frog site the past several days trying to figure out what I want to get next. Some things are listed several times and I can't be sure what's what.
Anyone have insight on these:

Quote:Last Night On Earth: Zombies With Grave Weapons Miniature Set
'Last Night on Earth: Survival of the Fittest Expansion'. Any purchase of one or more of the following: Survival of the Fittest, LNOE: Hero Pack 1, and Zombies With Grave Weapons will include two alternate-image promo cards.
Price: $24.95
So this is an expansion right? With 14 zombies and a new scenario?

Quote:LNOE: Red Zombies With Grave Weapons Miniature Set
LNOE: RED Zombies With Grave Weapons Miniature Set.
Price: $12.00
I'm guessing this is just the models, 7 in red and nothing else?

Quote:Last Night on Earth 'Radioactive Grave Dead' Supplement
The 'Radioactive Grave Dead' Supplement is a Web-exclusive for 'Last Night on Earth' and features 7 crystal green Radioactive Grave Dead zombie miniatures and a new scenario, 'It Fell From the Sky'.
Price: $10.00
Expansion?

Quote:LNOE Radioactive Zombies With Grave Weapons Miniature Set
LNOE: Radioactive Zombies With Grave Weapons Miniature Set. We will include Promo cards Pitchfork/Flashlight and Here They Come with this purchase.
Price: $15.00
Just the models +promo cards?

To add to my confusion each item I've put here is listed at least twice in the store. I'm guessing it's just duplicative, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-21-2012, 07:16 PM
RE: Supplements confusion
(03-21-2012 07:03 PM)Wade Wrote:  I've been browsing the Flying Frog site the past several days trying to figure out what I want to get next. Some things are listed several times and I can't be sure what's what.
Anyone have insight on these:

Quote:Last Night On Earth: Zombies With Grave Weapons Miniature Set
'Last Night on Earth: Survival of the Fittest Expansion'. Any purchase of one or more of the following: Survival of the Fittest, LNOE: Hero Pack 1, and Zombies With Grave Weapons will include two alternate-image promo cards.
Price: $24.95
So this is an expansion right? With 14 zombies and a new scenario?

Zombies with grave weapons brings you 14 new zombies all equipped with grave weapons and an extra zombie grave weapon card. That's all...
Survival of The fittest brings a lot new cards and some new scenarios.
And the Hero Pack 1 brings you a few more hero and zombie cards plus 4 new heroes.
Any purchase of these ones gives you a couple promo cards.

Quote:LNOE: Red Zombies With Grave Weapons Miniature Set
LNOE: RED Zombies With Grave Weapons Miniature Set.
Price: $12.00
I'm guessing this is just the models, 7 in red and nothing else?

Right... only 7 zeds but miniatures from the grave dead expansion.

Quote:Last Night on Earth 'Radioactive Grave Dead' Supplement
The 'Radioactive Grave Dead' Supplement is a Web-exclusive for 'Last Night on Earth' and features 7 crystal green Radioactive Grave Dead zombie miniatures and a new scenario, 'It Fell From the Sky'.
Price: $10.00
Expansion?

Scenario with a few more models... 7 regular zeds and the scenario. that's all.

Quote:LNOE Radioactive Zombies With Grave Weapons Miniature Set
LNOE: Radioactive Zombies With Grave Weapons Miniature Set. We will include Promo cards Pitchfork/Flashlight and Here They Come with this purchase.
Price: $15.00
Just the models +promo cards?

Nop the miniature set includes the extra grave weapon card... for the crawling torso.

To add to my confusion each item I've put here is listed at least twice in the store. I'm guessing it's just duplicative, but I want to make sure I'm not missing something.
03-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Radioactive dead is an awesome supplement!! For 10 bucks you green neon green clear zombies with an extra scenario...too bad its only printed on paper. The Zombies are well worth every penny.
03-21-2012, 10:43 PM
OK I've been trying to read more and confused myself worse. LOL!

So is the $24.95 Grave Weapons set meant to compliment Survival of the Fittest? Or is it a stand alone set? Does it add to SOTF or would having both be redundant?

Also, it looks like most of these require (or strongly build on) have Growing Hunger first?

I'm trying to add a little here and there to my game group. I was saving Growing Hunger for a special treat as it seems to be the biggest expansion... but it looks like maybe it's better to get that one first?

So far I just have the main game and Hero Pack 1.
03-21-2012, 11:00 PM (This post was last modified: 03-21-2012 11:01 PM by vikinglad.)
(03-21-2012 10:43 PM)Wade Wrote:  So is the $24.95 Grave Weapons set meant to compliment Survival of the Fittest? Or is it a stand alone set? Does it add to SOTF or would having both be redundant?

It goes with SOTF; you need SOTF to get the Grave Weapons cards that these miniatures go with. If you don't get the GW minis, you have to settle for little cardboard chits a la zombie heroes. Weird thing is, I think there are still one or two GW cards in SOTF that don't have minis in the GW set. I wish they would have just done all of the original GW minis instead of adding 1 new one.

(03-21-2012 10:43 PM)Wade Wrote:  Also, it looks like most of these require (or strongly build on) have Growing Hunger first?

All of the "Grave Dead" stuff is from growing hunger. You should definitely get this one first.

(03-21-2012 10:43 PM)Wade Wrote:  I'm trying to add a little here and there to my game group. I was saving Growing Hunger for a special treat as it seems to be the biggest expansion... but it looks like maybe it's better to get that one first?

I see we agree already. Your mission is clear. Watchmen02
03-22-2012, 12:46 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2012 12:53 AM by Wade.)
Yup, guess I better drop the hammer on the big gun first.
Thanks all!
WAIT! One last thought!

What about the other supplements like "Advanced Abilities", "Revenge of the Dead" and "Zombie Pillage"?

The reason this is giving me a brain ache, and by extension irritating you (hopefully not too badly), is I want to order the Jenny poster for my buddy's B-day next month and I'm one of those guys who hates to just order one thing. I'm not ready to drop GH on the group yet, but a small supplement would be cool. As I said I'm trying to save GH for a special surprise.

We only play once or twice a month, so I don't want to overwhelm everybody with too much awesome right away, but I like to add a little something every month.
03-22-2012, 12:59 AM
Trust me on this Wade. GH all the way. This is the next logical step before you add the rest.
Happy gaming!
03-22-2012, 02:18 AM
A supplement i would totally not advise is the advanced abilities... it's way cool but is more likely a preview of the new Hero Upgrades mechanic... if you intend to buy Timber Peak... pass this one ;D

samuraitrev is right... Growing Hunger is still the first one you should get...
unless timber peak comes out first you do the buying... in this case take timber peak first...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
03-22-2012, 03:47 AM (This post was last modified: 03-22-2012 03:48 AM by mqstout.)
If you aregoing to skip GH for now, try Pillage. It is one of the best scenarios.
...not that you should skip GH...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-22-2012, 04:12 PM
I recommend all of them if you can swing it. Having everything gives you a TON of options and gameplay choices. I went a little nuts when I first started playing LNoE and bought up everything I could get my hands on. lol Watchmen02