Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Survival Decks...Usefull?
05-07-2013, 05:14 PM
Survival Decks...Usefull?
What are people's general thoughts on the Survival Decks. Whenever I have them in a game they are very seldom lay used and don't seem to have much of an impact. Am I playing them wrong? If this is the balance point for Grave Weapons its a little lack luster from what I have seen...

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2013, 07:00 PM
RE: Survival Decks...Usefull?
My group searches these decks when we aren't hurting for a scenario search item such as gasoline. They almost always guarantee an item or records which are very useful where as the events which can be drawn in the hero deck can sometimes not be as useful.
Find all posts by this user
05-07-2013, 07:59 PM
seems whenever I actually get to use them I always am in a building where I get a Tactic. I think I average about 2 cards a game from them, and its always a situation where I get a good move roll and instead of doing what I had originally intended I draw instead cause I dont want to miss the chance...

05-07-2013, 09:14 PM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2013 09:15 PM by alderdust.)
play a scenario where you need to get the records lol then you will search it all day! My group has also slightly modified houser rule for the survival deck...when you decide to search the deck instead of looking at the number in the building you are in we roll a die if its 1-3 its the one deck if its 4-6 its the other, that way either deck could be potentially gotten in any one building, maybe this is a house rule you may want to give a shot at.
05-07-2013, 09:50 PM
I originally misunderstood the rules the first time I played with them and played that way, I think I might go back to that.

05-07-2013, 10:10 PM
(05-07-2013 09:50 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  I originally misunderstood the rules the first time I played with them and played that way, I think I might go back to that.

Haha we did the same and once we found out the rule liked the way we played better
05-07-2013, 10:29 PM
I use the Survival Decks balanced with the GW decks every game. Some of the Survival Tactic cards can turn a game in favour of the Heroes, especially cards, such as Sewers or Barricades.
05-08-2013, 12:07 AM
I have had Sewers turn the tide of many a game.

Si Vis Pacem, para bellum.
Tulta munille