Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Survival Zombie Movies/Books?
07-13-2012, 01:43 PM
Survival Zombie Movies/Books?
So I was wondering if people knew of other Zombie Survival books/movies...I want ones that somewhat resemble the stories that could be told by LNOE. Some heroes from all walks of life come together and fight some zombies...some die, maybe all die, and some live.

I know movie wise Dawn of the Dead and Night of the Living Dead are the only ones that come to mind. Help me out fellow zombie lovers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-13-2012, 04:57 PM
RE: Survival Zombie Movies/Books?
Zombie Diaries (haven't seen the second one yet) - its shot on hand-held cameras, very low budget and sub-par writing but worth a watch.

Day of the Dead(Non Romero films)

Zombies of Lake Woebegotten(book) - Harrison Geillor

just to name some from my collection

Take that, you mealy-mouthed bastards!
07-13-2012, 10:04 PM
cool ill check it out most of the ones ive seen are so in depth at explaining how people turned into zombies...i just care about the people trying to survive or the lack there of.
07-15-2012, 08:09 PM
If you're after a book try Solstice by Donna Burgess

It covers two sets of survivors - one lot on a trek across Europe to reach the UK, and the other holed up in a supermarket.

They're not really romero-esque zombies, but I found it was a decent read.
07-15-2012, 11:49 PM (This post was last modified: 07-15-2012 11:54 PM by alderdust.)
Nice ill try it out right now I'm reading Undead which is a novelization of Night of the Living dead and Return of the living dead...the writing isn't the greatest but it is a decent zombie story. Sickboy I got that one on my wish list and should start it this week. I'll let you know how I like it.
07-16-2012, 08:01 PM
Just picked up world war Z, I heard great things about it but I will let you all know my thoughts once I am done.
08-28-2012, 11:00 AM
Day by Day Armageddon, by JL Bourne, is a good read. They're my favorite zombie books at the moment. They're written in a journal format through the eyes of a military man. As a bonus, IMO, the writer is an actual navy seaman on active duty so there is a lot of real military terms used throughout the books. He's working on the third volume of the series but it's been slow going since he's still in the military so I guess he doesnt have much time to write

If you like oldtime radio type shows, you can check out We're Alive. It's a radio drama centered around a zombie outbreak and the survivors are based in a somewhat fortified tower. It's up to 30+ episodes and as a pleasent bonus, it's free