Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Survival of the Fittest
06-27-2012, 05:28 AM
RE: Survival of the Fittest
Glad to see I've been sharing some concern with others about grave weapons and the overall impact of SOTF with the base game. This has even made me hold back on getting the Hero Pack 1 expansion. However having read nothing but positive accounts on these expansions I decided on ordering all three while waiting for Stock Up to appear in stock again.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-27-2012, 07:17 PM
RE: Survival of the Fittest
(06-26-2012 11:18 PM)goodcop2000 Wrote:  
(06-26-2012 10:01 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  Yeah, actually I can kind of agree with you to some degree. I have not yet picked up this expansion pack, so I'm not sure how they come into play. However, even though I do agree with you to some degree, I can also kind of see how you can kind of give this one a pass.

After all, I could see zombies kind of mindlessly picking up random objects. Plus, even though they probably wouldn't necessarily know what they are doing, I could see them swinging them as weapons. So, I think you can kind of make it fit thematically. It isn't that they were smart enough to actually search out and pick up weapons to use. They just found stuff, picked it up out of curiosity, and swung it at people to try to knock them down long enough to chow on some brains.

Don't forget that even in the first "modern" zombie film, Night of the Living Dead (1968), the little girl zombie killed her mother with a garden trowel.

Good point. To me, I think of it like zombies happening to mindlessly grab an item, then mindlessly just swinging it because it is in their hands. They don't understand that it is a weapon, nor do they understand that their action is actually appropriate. They just somehow happened to pick it up, and in the action of a fight, happen to still have it in their hand as they swing to attack.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply