Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TTD! What did everyone play or buy!?!
04-02-2013, 03:28 PM
RE: TTD! What did everyone play or buy!?!
I want Mice and Mystics.. Almost got a copy a few weeks ago..

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-02-2013, 03:45 PM (This post was last modified: 04-02-2013 03:59 PM by alderdust.)
(04-02-2013 03:28 PM)friskers96 Wrote:  I want Mice and Mystics.. Almost got a copy a few weeks ago..

its a great game probably one of my favorites i love the lore and how simple it is. I got my copy off amazon for $53 thats with free shipping so it was a nice deal.

(04-02-2013 03:13 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 01:29 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Smash Up
Mice and Mystics
Last Night on Earth
Pandemic
Munchkin

Alderdust..how is Smash Up? We were sooo close to buying it instead of the other games we bought for TTD

Its good has alot of replay value as far as the decks go cause you will mostly never get something you have played before or atleast could remember. The only downside I see is that the games can tend to drag on a bit so we decided to play with 1 fewer base than the rules specify which i see alot of people doing in the game variants on the forums of BGG to speed the game up. The only other downside i have seen is that some combinations if used properly are really powerful and some are super weak and dont work well together. We randomly draft our decks without looking to help get rid of this.

It is good for 2-4 players but it really shines I think with 3-4 with 3 being the magic number.

I would give it a 7/10 probably worth it for 20 bucks and it does have some really nice art and the factions are really cool. Its very easy to teach and learn. I mean they have bear calvary, steam punks, ninjas, aliens, dinosaurs and many more whats not to love Watchmen02
Find all posts by this user
04-02-2013, 03:54 PM
Re: TTD! What did everyone play or buy!?!
And Smash Up? Lol

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
04-02-2013, 03:58 PM
(04-02-2013 03:54 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  And Smash Up? Lol

See above lol.
04-02-2013, 04:18 PM
I'm not saying i'm slow but...well yeah okay i'm slow haha my bad alderdust

"My mama always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd a guessed that something'd be zombie-killing?" -Tallahassee
04-02-2013, 05:58 PM
(04-02-2013 04:18 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  I'm not saying i'm slow but...well yeah okay i'm slow haha my bad alderdust

Haha no biggie I just have a tendency to do my replies in parts so maybe when you looked it wasn't posted up yet. Have you watched any of the reviews or game play of Smash Up on youtube? Did you have any opinions?
04-02-2013, 06:09 PM
(04-02-2013 05:58 PM)alderdust Wrote:  
(04-02-2013 04:18 PM)zachmaio Wrote:  I'm not saying i'm slow but...well yeah okay i'm slow haha my bad alderdust

Haha no biggie I just have a tendency to do my replies in parts so maybe when you looked it wasn't posted up yet. Have you watched any of the reviews or game play of Smash Up on youtube? Did you have any opinions?

I just got to read the back of the box in the game store haha and I thought it looked really fun because of all the different factions. I'll have to watch some videos on it. I've also had my eye on Mice and Mystics for a while. I saw people playing it at PAX east when I was there a couple of weeks ago. So many good games so little money Insane19

04-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Yeah I know the feeling I have decided I am never ever getting a new game lol I will just continue with expansions and that will be my only purchases. Either that or I may get like 1 new one a year or so who knows.
04-25-2013, 03:42 PM
I ended up playing Fortune & Glory twice, DC deck Buiding Game and A touch of evil. We would've played more but the group got hungry, while we were making a food run I picked up the X-Wing miniatures game and the Star Wars living card game.
04-25-2013, 06:36 PM
I got dc deck building, it's fun for a quick game, people I've been playing with though seem to not get the card dynamic or something cause I seem to just roll dudes.. I want to play touch of evil and see what it's like someday.

Alderdust: after you posted about Mice and Mystics a while back, I looked it up on amazon and someone was trying to sell a copy for almost 200 smackers... I guess it was between printings or something cause the market seems to be flooded now with them. It's also another game I'm interested in getting. Did they add on the the adventures yet or is it still the "chapters" that came with it?

I'm not dead. I'm electroencephalographically challenged...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user