Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Must zombies always move?
01-05-2012, 03:02 PM
Must zombies always move?
In some games zombies have been placed "on guard" in specific squares. So I wondered whether zombie models must always move?

I know this might make them 'patrol' instead, but that would still give the heroes a chance to run past them, which seems right.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-05-2012, 03:22 PM
RE: Must zombies always move?
(01-05-2012 03:02 PM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  In some games zombies have been placed "on guard" in specific squares. So I wondered whether zombie models must always move?

I know this might make them 'patrol' instead, but that would still give the heroes a chance to run past them, which seems right.

The manual for the original game states:

Quote:You may move each of your zombies one space on the board in any direction ...

So no, you do not have to move your zombies. The manual also states that the only restrictions on zombie movement is Zombie Hunger.

- Qhorin
01-05-2012, 04:32 PM
OK, that's clear, thanks.

I guess zombies just standing still is quite thematic. They wouldn't realise that they might be in the way.
01-05-2012, 05:49 PM
A quick note, while movement is usually optional, zombies cannot resist Zombie Hunger, when it applies, they must move.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-10-2012, 05:57 PM
(01-05-2012 05:49 PM)Zinthos Wrote:  A quick note, while movement is usually optional, zombies cannot resist Zombie Hunger, when it applies, they must move.

I'd just like to second Zinthos there. That's a very good point and would make a huge amount of difference if it's not being played that way.
07-23-2012, 09:54 PM
This is one I think a lot of people forget, so it is definitely worth bumping back up here. Unless a hero is in an adjacent space when you get to your turn and have to move your zombies (Zombie Hunger) you don't HAVE to move every zombie if you don't want.

Sometimes it is actually good strategy to leave them right where there are. Some good examples of when this may help you:

- Escape in the Truck: You can have zombies on or around the truck, so even if the heroes find the gas and keys, they need to get through some zombies in order to get on the truck, and then still have to give up a turn to gas it up, meaning it could potentially lead to them having to fight zombies at least twice.

- Burn 'Em Out: You can leave zombies on or around the spawning pits, so even if they find explosives, the heroes can't get to the pits to blow them up without going through some zombies first.

If anybody can think of other examples, feel free to fill them in.
07-24-2012, 06:09 AM
Agreeing with all the points made above with regards to the rules, I like to think it is appropriate for a zombie not to move because they normally in movies they are standing around until something attracts them.
07-24-2012, 03:10 PM
(01-10-2012 05:57 PM)samuraitrev Wrote:  
(01-05-2012 05:49 PM)Zinthos Wrote:  A quick note, while movement is usually optional, zombies cannot resist Zombie Hunger, when it applies, they must move.

I'd just like to second Zinthos there. That's a very good point and would make a huge amount of difference if it's not being played that way.

I'd like to 'third' our friends here. Specially in Defend the Manor House scenario where the Zombie Hunger move is a kinda last-resort strategy, but nevertheless a good one if the heroes are in a tight spot...
07-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Leaving them blocking doors is a 'must' tactic for the zombie player.