Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
TableTop Plays : Last Night on Earth!...
10-18-2012, 07:31 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 07:32 PM by Atraangelis.)
TableTop Plays : Last Night on Earth!...

LOL!... awesome...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-18-2012, 11:05 PM
RE: TableTop Plays : Last Night on Earth!...
Just got through watching the video. Although I love Tabletop it was a little distracting with a game that I'm so familiar with to have all the rules errors.

1)spawning zombies- I don't know if this really changed the game, but they seemed to think they were limited by the number over their current z total that they rolled in how many they spawned at the end of the turn. (four on the board, rolled a 6, thought at the end of the turn they could only spawn 1 or 2)

2) Wil had the heroes always use their weapons in instead of just when they needed to, like using bats when they don't need to, but way more importantly in the discarding of the chainsaw. I don't know if other cards were used on that fight that they didn't show, but she only rolled two dice (didn't use the saw) and Wil had her discard the saw even though it didn't seem like she used it.

3) It seemed like they were also using more than one zombie fight card in a fight.

4) More strange than an actual problem, but they were also rolling movement for all the heros at once.

I still really liked the show and even with all those errors, mostly favoring the zombies, the heroes still won. I think that LNoE might be a little too big a game to really do on a short show like TableTop, just too much going on for them to really get everything right. They relly skipped a lot of the game and it didn't show the strategy that really goes into a game. You could tell that they played a bickering or last night on earth card on the space with the truck in it on one of the final turns, but it wasn't addressed at all.

I'm glad they gave LNoE some exposure and hope that it brings more people in to our obsession
Find all posts by this user
10-18-2012, 11:16 PM (This post was last modified: 10-18-2012 11:25 PM by Bokya.)
In all Honesty, it seems like the game he played was more weighted towards the Heroes winning (After all, who wants a zombie flick where the Heroes all lose?) All Hero move at the same time is a big gamechanger, as they can just assign bad die to searchers, or people further away.
He also forced them to always use Jakes ability.
10-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Fun...

...although as a semi-newbie player I was a little confused when they made some rule mistakes. Since I'm at work I couldn't verify, so I was glad when y'all mentioned that there were some errors.

I saw in a few of the YT comments that people were looking for places to buy the game and couldn't find any. Didn't have time to log in, but we should direct them to the FF store: more players = more money = more LNOE expansions from FFP!!!
10-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Having the heroes roll both their movement die at once and choosing which to use on which player is how we always play. Based on the rules thats how I took it to actually be intended. Now with 2 hero players they cant switch die rolls, have to use the two they rolled, but that always seemed the way it was intended to me.

As far as the table top episode...I totally fell even more in love with Felicia Day after watching her be silly with zombies and then in the extended interview talking about being covered in blood. She is my favorite person right now.
10-19-2012, 05:34 PM
I don't really know if they were switching which die belonged to each hero, they seemed to me to be putting the die on the character mat that it landed closer to. It didn't seem like they were using any strategy to it at all, which is why I thought it was strange instead of a huge deal.

I was really surprised that the heroes won because, any actual advantage I saw from rule breaking was giving the advantage to the zombies. On the other hand as a producer I could defiantly see myself picking escape in the truck and stacking the hero deck a little to give the heroes the edge.
10-19-2012, 08:25 PM
I got a chance to watch this today, and loved seeing a couple of actors from one of my favorite YouTube shows (The Guild), not to mention Gooch from Scrubs (Ted's girlfriend in the later episodes) playing my favorite board game. Felicia was really funny as one of the zombie players. I loved her completely pointless use of the zombie she decided was a former doctor. She kept him in the hospital the whole time, making him do random human-like things rather then ever actually go for any heroes because she wanted a character with some kind of back-story. LOL!

Ogthar, it is funny that you mention it, because I noticed all of their mistakes too and was correcting them in my head. LOL! But, you have to remember that the rules are somewhat complicated at first. We are all just a little biased because we know them like the back of our hands by now. ;-)

(10-18-2012 11:05 PM)Ogthar Wrote:  1)spawning zombies- I don't know if this really changed the game, but they seemed to think they were limited by the number over their current z total that they rolled in how many they spawned at the end of the turn. (four on the board, rolled a 6, thought at the end of the turn they could only spawn 1 or 2)

Yeah, that one was really weird. I'm not sure where they got this idea. They could have been spawning so many more zombies if they realize that it was a completely separate roll too see how many zombies you get to spawn. So, say you only had two zombies on the board, and you happen to roll a three. That doesn't mean 3 is 2+1, so you can spawn 1 more zombie. That means you roll again at the end and THAT is how many you get. So, in their case with two ZP's, 1 or 2 gives you one more zombie, 3 or 4 gives you two more, etc.

(10-18-2012 11:05 PM)Ogthar Wrote:  2) Wil had the heroes always use their weapons in instead of just when they needed to, like using bats when they don't need to, but way more importantly in the discarding of the chainsaw. I don't know if other cards were used on that fight that they didn't show, but she only rolled two dice (didn't use the saw) and Wil had her discard the saw even though it didn't seem like she used it.

I noticed that one too. Though, that one I can definitely let slide a little, because it is one that I think a lot of new players don't realize at first. You don't HAVE to use your weapon if you don't need it. You can roll, then after the initial rolls decide to use a card if you want.

(10-18-2012 11:05 PM)Ogthar Wrote:  I'm glad they gave LNoE some exposure and hope that it brings more people in to our obsession

Absolutely! The more the merrier! Heck, hopefully their video creates new fans close to all of us so we can all have new gaming buddies to play with! LOL!
10-19-2012, 09:15 PM
I hope somebody calls Wil out on the errors so that they can give LNOE another go and play it better the next time around.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-19-2012, 09:21 PM
(10-19-2012 09:15 PM)LabRat Wrote:  I hope somebody calls Wil out on the errors so that they can give LNOE another go and play it better the next time around.

Well, since they never said anything about one of the players absolutely cheating by looking at Wil's Cards during Dixit I doubt they do anything about the errors. I hope they do some other FFP games in the future though.
10-19-2012, 10:50 PM
(10-19-2012 09:21 PM)Ogthar Wrote:  
(10-19-2012 09:15 PM)LabRat Wrote:  I hope somebody calls Wil out on the errors so that they can give LNOE another go and play it better the next time around.

Well, since they never said anything about one of the players absolutely cheating by looking at Wil's Cards during Dixit I doubt they do anything about the errors. I hope they do some other FFP games in the future though.

I think they stated interest on doing either COPE or FanG if they get picked up for a second season.