Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Poll: Are you guys going to watch LNoE played on TableTop?
Yes, I love it!
No, shit sucks!
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tabletop Plays LNoE
10-16-2012, 05:15 PM
Tabletop Plays LNoE
I am so excited to hear that Tabletop on geekandsundry is going to be playing LNoE this Thursday! I love watching them play board games. Does anyone else know of other blogs that review and play board games?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-16-2012, 08:34 PM
RE: Tabletop Plays LNoE
I hadn't heard that! That is awesome! Thanks for the heads-up. I am subscribed to geekandsundry on the YouTubes. So, I will definitely have to check that out.
10-18-2012, 03:12 AM
Dicetower reviews a lot of games as well. Right now, they're doing their top 100 picks for 2012. COPE was on #77 for his pick. Last year, LNOE made it to #51 for the Community pick. Wondering if it'll place this year.

Looking forward to tomorrow.
10-18-2012, 08:28 AM
just started following geek and sundry recently, caught up on the guild...quite hilarious and watched most of the table top episodes so far. will be tuning in for sure for LNOE!
10-30-2012, 03:51 PM
Man there rules were so wrong they almost made me mad because new players will get it wrong too in the beginning
10-30-2012, 08:22 PM
(10-30-2012 03:51 PM)alderdust Wrote:  Man there rules were so wrong they almost made me mad because new players will get it wrong too in the beginning

I know what you mean. To be honest, though, I'm sure most people wouldn't remember much about the rules they mentioned in their video once they get around to actually playing the game. So, if any new fans found the game as result of that video, I'm sure most of them would probably wind up reading the rule book anyway, and not even remembering the mistakes they made here and there with the rules.
10-31-2012, 02:57 PM
yeah this is true staypuft. People on youtube comments were so mad. TableTop responded saying they used "House Rules" to speed the game along.
10-31-2012, 05:36 PM
It was nice that they had fun filming the show and I'm glad LNOE got the exposure. However, I would've preferred if they had gotten people who were as enthusiastic as Wil to play the game so that they could've focused on building the zombie story better.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-31-2012, 08:50 PM
(10-31-2012 02:57 PM)alderdust Wrote:  yeah this is true staypuft. People on youtube comments were so mad. TableTop responded saying they used "House Rules" to speed the game along.

LOL! Did they really? They could have just been honest and said "Woops! We messed up. Sorry. No biggie." I mean, they presented their incorrect rules as though they were the actual rules of the game. I really don't think they were "house rules" as they say.

But, again, it's all good. It is AWESOME to see them covering Last Night On Earth anyway, and really awesome to see that they really seemed to enjoy it! Good exposure for the game we all love, especially considering the popularity of that channel.
11-01-2012, 01:11 AM (This post was last modified: 11-01-2012 01:23 AM by alderdust.)
Haha looked like all the girls including Felicia Day lost interest shortly into the game and paid more attention to character and zombie role playing.
StayPuft someone on board game geek listed all the rule breaks during the video and when they occurred here they are:

05:42 & 8:40: You're not supposed to roll for all of the Heroes' movement at the same time and then decide which Heroes get which die results. Instead, you roll fer each Hero separately, one at a time. (Cf. Last Night on Earth Rulebook, pg. 11)
This rule error strengthens the Hero Players.

07:30 & 17:34: When you roll to see if you spawn zombies during step 3 (Roll to Spawn New Zombies) this does not create a separate Zombie Pool to draw from in step 6 (Place Newly Spawned Zombies). So, hypothetically, if Felicia had rolled a five or six during step 6, she still would have been able to spawn three zombies onto the board without being somehow limited by her roll result from step 3. (Cf. Last Night on Earth Rulebook, pp. 9-10)
This rule error weakens the Zombie Players.

11:35: You don't have to use a weapon, like the Baseball Bat, in a combat. Purely optional; purely nitpicking, but hey, you asked for it.
This rule error could potentially weaken the Hero Players by unnecessarily getting their weapons broken. Tactics, people; tactics.
Also, the Baseball Bat could be used multiple times in a single combat; the more you use it, the better the odds of rolling doubles as you add another die-roll to the combat for each subsequent use, but also the greater the chance of breaking the Baseball Bat as you have to perform a break check after each die roll that you add with the Baseball Bat.
This rule error also weakens the Hero Players.

13:19: Wheaton caught his mistake, but resolved it poorly. He should have had Jake choose between the two revolvers (tough choice), because that's what he would have drawn if they hadn't made the mistake in the first place. That way Johnny would have drawn the "Just What I Needed" card.
This botch made the Hero Players stronger as it put the two Key Item cards in the same space.

16:29: Wheaton played two Fight cards on a single zombie in a single combat. You can't do that. (Cf. Last Night on Earth Rulebook, pg. 14)
This rule error strengthens the Zombie Players.
19 1.00
Posted Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:48 pm
QuickReply QuickQuote Reply Quote