Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tactics?
04-09-2012, 02:59 PM
Tactics?
I have been looking and dont see a thread yet that has any word on strategy tactics you should use when playing heroes or zombies....Do you spread out or stay together...etc. If I missed it someone link it otherwise Id love to hear how you guys approach playing zombies or heroes.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2012, 04:51 PM
RE: Tactics?
Hi, im not to sure if there is a Strategy or Tactics Guide or Post.

From a Zombie's point of view. Heroes are always easier to eat when served alone.

Us Zombies like to surround/corner our prey then close in on them. Some times it does not matter if their alone or paired. Eventually we will sink our teeth in someone.

The best tactic i would suggest would be to try to work out card combinations for an advantage. Lock the last Hero in, when they try to make a run for it. Play cards that will cripple the Heroes movements or action. For me, it sort of does not matter what card i play as long as I play them.

Father Joseph and Becky are a great combination, when running around is not so important. If you can keep them safe. Father Joe's cancel card ability and Becky's Heal ability. Is truely obnoxious to a Zombie Player.

Eventually, a zombie player will be playing so many cards. Becky cant keep up with Healing Father Joe's canceling, and any other Hero that needs Healing.

Victor is a Dice rolling fighting Machine. It took my Hero player a long time to understand this. Dont roll all of your dice first, you can always add Combat Bonuses. If Victor has a Chain Saw and Bat, he can roll 4 dice. If he wins with that great, done. No need to risk losing the Chain Saw or breaking the Bat. If he loses the fight, he can add the Chain Saw or Bat.

Some people prefer Rachelle over Sheriff Anderson. Im a Sheriff fan, I play him as fat and lazy. He moves slowly and precisely. Staying out of Zombie reach (always the risk of a shambler), but always in gun range. The Sheriff can never lose his gun. He is a "Man of Action", he will always find another. If you are lucky enough you can play "Laying Down the Law" on Sheriff. It adds 1 to all ranged attacks. If Sheriff rolls a 1 with a Revolver and Laying Down the Law is in play. He cant lose it. This does not work with Shot Guns ( dont confuse them ) If Sheriff Has Lizzy's Shotgun, or the Antique Revolver and Laying down the Law. He can not lose those guns.

well.... sheriff wont lose them until the Zombie Player plays Resilent. Carry ammo !!!!!

Sam is a Tank. 4 wounds. Sam with a Med Kit is awesome. He can take 6 wounds before you need to worry. Take 3 wounds, med kit, take 3 wounds. If you can arm him with a couple of decent weapons, he can do a whole bunch of hurt to some Zombies, and dont go pissing him off by playing Fight Cards on him, 'cause he will go all Father Joe on the Zombies.

.....yeah....but aint it great to have a Zombie Hero with 4 wounds Watchmen01

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-09-2012, 06:14 PM
Thanks PJON! Those sound great.

I have heard there are ways to kite zombies around the manor house to keep them out on that scenario but forcing them to chase a hero outside the house...I havent seen a write up or seen it done but I dont see a safe way to do it.
04-09-2012, 06:35 PM
I found this PDF to be helpful: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/27042/...cs-summary
04-09-2012, 06:36 PM
(04-09-2012 06:35 PM)outphase Wrote:  I found this PDF to be helpful: http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/27042/...cs-summary

haha genius its like someone read my mind
04-09-2012, 06:51 PM (This post was last modified: 04-09-2012 06:58 PM by j0hnnn.)
It's because there isn't a safe way to do it friend... want those dead freaks out of the damn house... bait them out...

About the heroes...

If you are x Where you should be:

Sally, Johnny, Sam, Jade, Victor, Amanda - Your place is in the front lines.

Billy, Sheriff, Jake, Rachelle, Father Joseph, Becky, Mr. Goddard or Stacy - You should stay a way of those dead fukers...

Kenny or Jenny - Well you can die... you probably won't survive much long group or no group...
About the target the young... srsly they have low health but their abilities are a real killer + youth...

To kill the kids can prove quite a challenge... kill what is easy or fast don't choose targets...

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
04-10-2012, 01:35 AM
Best zombie tactic I have found: play cards as often as possible; you will always get more. Do not hold on to that LNOE card waiting for the right moment for 5 turns. Discard it and grab a card you can use now.
04-10-2012, 01:41 PM (This post was last modified: 04-10-2012 01:41 PM by PJON.)
(04-09-2012 06:51 PM)j0hnnn Wrote:  Kenny or Jenny - Well you can die... you probably won't survive much long group or no group...

Insane21 Jenny Insane16 never gets paid in gum

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
04-10-2012, 01:44 PM
Well Jenny in a best case scenario equipped with Torch and Pitchfork in the cornfield is mean... otherwise... hard time to make the girl useful...

Kenny is truly useless through his advanced ability is amazingly powerful!

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
04-10-2012, 01:45 PM
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR, Jenny is my crush! Insane19 Always dies though haha Insane21