Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Taking on the Gargoyle
03-16-2013, 11:14 PM
Taking on the Gargoyle
Tonight was the first time I've taken on the Gargoyle and it was a pretty good, if not difficult game, rolling double 1 on the Mystery Phase chart never helps, putting us into an early showdown.

As we were running out of time we didn't escape and try again later, nor did any of us bring on any new characters, but something did occur to me..

Do new characters start at the town hall as they do at the start of the game, and can they join the showdown if they can get the investigation together to do so?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-18-2013, 01:53 PM
RE: Taking on the Gargoyle
I am not sure how the rules state it right no but I have played that new heroes can not join the showdown as they were not there when the showdown began. The player currently in the showdown must flee to join the the newcomers.
03-18-2013, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 03-18-2013 07:06 PM by Achtung Panzer.)
RE: Taking on the Gargoyle
Played against the Gargoyle this weekend. He / she just kept getting stronger by gaining wounds for Hero KOs and the Groundskeeper being in play.

As a side note I normally put the pile of wound tokens on the Villlain's card and take them away as hits are scored in a showdown. This makes it visually easier to see how the fights are going, but adding wound markers (to the total amount of wounds the Villain can take) during the Showdown can get confusing.