Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tannhäuser
06-19-2011, 11:37 AM
Tannhäuser
Hello!

I just recently bought Tannhäuser. Me and one of my friends played it a few days ago. We played two games in deathmatch mode pretty quickly. Non of us had played it before and it went quite smooth. It will take a few more sessions before we learn the tactics though, but the game seem well balanced and there is not much room for misunderstandings concerning the rules. I´ve got the revised rulebook and from what I have heard this is the one you will need.
It seem to be a pretty fast game and your characters can die very quickly.
At the same time dead characters can enter the game anew as reinforcements. It´s mainly a 2 player game, but since each side use several characters there can be more than one player on each side, controlling different characters/miniatures. The theme in my opinion is very appealing. A world war game with occult features.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_m...%C3%A4user
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-19-2011, 12:42 PM
RE: Tannhäuser
Ah Tannhauser...I was an early advocate & ordered the English version & waited around a year before it was available.The 1st Rulebook was a mess & I've recently picked up the 2nd ed but
haven't really looked at it.

Tannhauser has a great back story but it gets old quickly,the problem for us is the lack of variety on the Board.The Pathfinder System is rather cool but it severly limits the replayability.
No matter what your mission goal is your basically running it over & over the same old Board.The problem for us was that the Russian themed expansion took so long to come about
(and then had only 1 new Board) that we shelved the game & never looked back.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
06-19-2011, 05:18 PM
Yeah, maybe it will get old quickly. Don´t know yet though. I will have to try it out some more. One can hope for game board expansions. That would be nice.
06-19-2011, 07:27 PM
There is a nice community over on the FFG site.

I've enjoyed the game for quite some time, the 2 ed. rules are much more cohesive.

I've mainly just played the death match as well, but the game is a quick and brutal diversion from other games. I like it quite a bit.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-19-2011, 08:20 PM
Yeah, it seems to pretty quick and brutal. I realized that the grenades take out and mangle the opponents in a second sometimes.
I´m hoping that the other different game modes provide a little more tactic.
06-20-2011, 02:40 PM
The other game modes can still be just as brutal, but since you have an 'objective', sometimes conflict is avoided.

To be honest, it's the instant kill that appeals to me. Just seems more realistic to me.

Zalgo....he comes.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user