Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tannhauser
03-13-2011, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 03-13-2011 04:52 PM by Sarku.)
Tannhauser
So, I took my Tannhauser game out of my closet and I've been checking it out. It looks like a pretty cool game. I never got around to playing it, mostly because of lack of time, but I think I'm going to give it a try.

I found that they revised the rules, made a figure called Hoax (which is cool as hell) and some fan-made Hellboy characters. Which sparked watching the movie last night.

Anybody else play this one? What are your thoughts on the game? Any sites like this one for the game?

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-13-2011, 05:47 PM
RE: Tannhauser
I've never heard of it. What's the concept?
Find all posts by this user
03-13-2011, 08:01 PM
I had it on preorder for about a year before came(so I even got the promo Wolf).The Game background blew me away-the concept is Weird WWI that never ended and it now the late 40's.
Here's the FFG Blurb

"The year is 1949. The first World War rages on. The forces of the Union strive to end the conflict through the use of advanced technology, created from the alien wreckage discovered at Roswell. Their soldiers are equipped with the finest military technology in existence thanks to the brilliance of Edison. From the devastating Flash Machine Gun to the sight-enhancing Night-eyes night vision goggles, the Union is winning the arms race. Their foes are the Reich. Headed by the occult powered Kaiser, this army of evil scours the globe for ways to enhance their prodigious occult abilities. Squads of the possessed sweep through Europe led by the Marquis General, Hermann Von Heïzinger. Recent developments in the war have forced Mother Russia to enter the battle. Living embodiments of the reawakened Slavic gods, the Matriarchy is a deadly force to be reckoned with. Their robotic hordes are fueled with the genius of Tesla, and his electrical weaponry is easily the equal of the Union's technological advancements. The war is reaching a fever point, which side will win?

Tannhäuser puts you in the middle of a alternate timeline. What we now call World War I has never ended, and the forces involved have chosen new ways to break the stalemate. Featuring the Pathfinding system, a revolutionary way to mark line of sight, Tannhäuser gets you in the thick of the battle quick. Each side has unique characters and equipment, and you must outfit your figures to best advantage in order to win. Each force has a multitude of equipment and weapon options. Customize your force, and ensure your soldiers have exactly what you need them to. The choices you make determine if your team is prepared for the enemy they will face."

It's a French Game that went belly up and FFG took it over,the orginial rules were rather screwed up.FFG has put out a 2nd ED Rule book and some new figs.
Like Sarku I never really played it....by the time it was released here in the US I was on to other Games and the orginal rules were too much bother.

The Game uses a rather unique "Path" system for movement & LoS,which is cool but as the core Game has only two map boards ,a Castle and it's catacombs,
replayability is limited.An Expansion introduces The Russians and another map Board,The orginial fluff also promised a Japanese expansion.

The French Publishers web site T.O.Y. had a lot of info and Support,even a Campaign (in French-the promised English Site never came off).

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-13-2011, 09:44 PM
My situation is pretty much the same Bought it for the backstory and never ever played it. May have to break it out shortly.
03-14-2011, 06:30 AM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2011 06:40 AM by Cimex188.)
I own this game too, but the funny thing is that i havent tryed it either!!
I bought it together with Incursion wich seems to have the same concept as Tannhauser, maybe check that game out also if you liked Tann..
Ooow and it includes Zombies!! lol

http://www.grindhousegames.com/pages/incursion-home
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/40603/incursion
(03-13-2011 05:47 PM)gavindowning Wrote:  I've never heard of it. What's the concept?

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJvATssKtgg

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth.
03-14-2011, 09:17 AM
A friend of mine has it since the day it came out. And we never played it Zombie17
We just recently talked about giving it a try but the problem is just finding enough time to get together and play it.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
03-14-2011, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2011 02:02 PM by Sarku.)
Many people own it, but few have played it. That's almost scary.

There are some player aids on BGG, but I haven't found much of a fan following for it. I had that problem initially with TZG, that's why I made this site. I rock. Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
03-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Well, I owned it, played it once and sold it. Though that was with the original rules, maybe the with the new rules I would have played it twice before selling it. Zombie03 Zombie17
03-14-2011, 02:54 PM (This post was last modified: 03-14-2011 02:54 PM by mqstout.)
I played it a couple times with my good friend and I hated it. It just wasn't fun. He tells me it's a completely different game with the revised rules, but I'm not about to try it again.
03-14-2011, 11:18 PM
Where can the revised rules be found?

I am the reason God stopped watching.