Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tannhauser
03-14-2011, 11:48 PM
RE: Tannhauser
There is a PDF file available on Fantasy Flight's site of the rules pages only. You can dl a paid PDF of the entire book from drive-thru rpg. You can also order a copy from one of the many gaming store sites... That's all I know off-hand. I got mine for $9 from miniature market...

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-15-2011, 07:36 AM
This game sounds really neat. It sounds similar to another game I just learned about called Dust from FFG. They both look like they have a Steampunk sorta theme to them (Dust has lots of girls in goggles; nothing wrong with that). Are these similar? Which is cooler, I kinda want to try one or the other.
Find all posts by this user
03-15-2011, 11:43 AM
Weird I just picked up Tannauser revised from MM also.

DUST-theme is Weird WWII but if your after Theme DON"T get Dust,it's basically Risk (well an improved Risk)with no Theme what so ever,
totally generic(well except for the Box Art).FFG also offers Dust Tactics a Table Top Minatures Game which looks cool but expensive.

Tannhauser is a small squad board game,Dust is a conquor the world type board game both aren't steampunk as such for that I would recommend
Spartan Games Dystopian Wars: I love the figs.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8...opian-wars

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
03-15-2011, 04:33 PM
It's fate OD... it's fate... Zombie03

Sarku Kolumel Mitlan
Sarku Mizhandalisa
hitlokiriqaluya
Tika dalisa hiqurutuplanwisu
Kolumel hibarsrimyal
Mringudhalisa hifatlandalid hadisayal Nga
03-16-2011, 06:49 AM
(03-15-2011 11:43 AM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Weird I just picked up Tannauser revised from MM also.

DUST-theme is Weird WWII but if your after Theme DON"T get Dust,it's basically Risk (well an improved Risk)with no Theme what so ever,
totally generic(well except for the Box Art).FFG also offers Dust Tactics a Table Top Minatures Game which looks cool but expensive.

Tannhauser is a small squad board game,Dust is a conquor the world type board game both aren't steampunk as such for that I would recommend
Spartan Games Dystopian Wars: I love the figs.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/8...opian-wars

OD

WOW! Dystopian wars looks amazing. That is what I was hoping Dust was going to be like. I may have to check that out. Thanks OD.
03-18-2011, 09:07 PM
I like Tannhauser pretty well. I can't say I get enough gaming in to be any sort of expert on it.

The new rules help streamline and make things make more sense.

With the old rules, we'd play basically a death match, as the rest of the 'story mode' seemed shoe horned in. It was still fun.

Now, with the newer rules, the missions feel a bit more realistic and add some nice tension to the game. Things such as grenades are a bit more effective, as is the overall balancing.

I've always liked the 'line of sight' rule using the on-board colored rings. It helps the flow of the game, and things don't get bogged down by silly disputes.

Mostly, I'm just a sucker for the background story.

Zalgo....he comes.