Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Bone-Conjurer (zombie special)
09-07-2010, 07:02 AM
The Bone-Conjurer (zombie special)
I've been working with this idea, played it one or two times, thought i'd put it out there. This zombie variant adds the possibility of a zombie master into the mix. Here goes:

The Bone-Conjurer (• • • •)

Whenever the zombie has the option to spawn 6 zombies (i.e. when a 6 is rolled during a zombie Auto-Spawn), they may instead spawn The Bone-Conjurer. This Necromancer has 2 Health Boxes, rolls 2 Fight Dice, and may avoid a wound on the roll of 6+.
*Note - only one Bone-Conjurer on the board at a time.
*Note - 'Zombie Horde' is NOT permitted when this variant is selected.
*Note - The Bone-Conjurer is NOT able to wound a Hero/Townsfolk during a fight
*Note - You may want to choose a new miniature to represent The Bone-Conjurer; mine is a terrifyingly cute Happiny figurine..

Upon entry into the game The Bone-Conjurer rolls a D6, thus providing the Doom Lord with an additional devastating specialty!

On the Roll Of:
(1) Wave of Mutilation
'Zombie Horde' is enabled until the death of the Dreaded One (any Horde zombies left on the board at this time remain but do not respawn when killed)
(2) Beast Master
The zombie player may use Zombie Betsy in the same way as Old Betsy, as well as the Dark Horse of the Apocalypse (this Dark Horse rolls a D6 for movement, has 2 Health Boxes, and rolls 2 Fight Dice, but cannot have any Zombie Event or Zombie Fight: card played upon it). Both ZomBetsy and the Dark Horse are removed upon the death of the Doomer.
**Note - As there is no Dark Horse of the Apocalypse figurine, be creative; a miniature Hippopotamus works well in our game. We call him Zombopotamus....
(3) Necronomicon
The zombie player may move a combination of zombies D6 instead of its own movement (that is: if a 4 is rolled for movement in this fashion, 1 zombie may move 4 spaces, 2 zombies may move 2 spaces each, etc.)
(4) Butterfly-Winged Bullets
The Bone-Conjurer possesses an evil ranged attack (perhaps some sort of eye-beam of Doom?): Range - 6 / Lost on - 1 / Hits on - 6
*OR*
(4) Doom Lord Discard
Instead of the Necromancer's move action, the zombie player may discard a total of 2D6 cards from the top of the hero deck
(5) Dead Alive!
When a zombie ends its move on a Human's space (during the zombie turn), an additional [red] zombie is spawned there. When Doomy is killed, all additional [red] zombies are removed from the board.
(6) Unholy Army
Seven [red] zombies are instantly spawned and spread as usual amongst the available spawning pits. Draw a random Grave Weapon card to be applied to all seven [red] zombies for the duration of their existence. Remove these fellows upon the death of ol' Boney.

eat their brains! reap their souls!

..and everyone they kill gets up and kills..
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-07-2010, 02:21 PM
RE: The Bone-Conjurer (zombie special)
Intersting. Might give it a try.
Find all posts by this user
09-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Does look interesting...different

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-07-2010, 04:17 PM (This post was last modified: 09-07-2010 04:17 PM by mqstout.)
Sounds deliciously deadly.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-07-2010, 05:32 PM
That sounds awesome. I wonder if my crew will allow me to have an undead lord. ;p