Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The CD?
02-08-2012, 01:01 PM (This post was last modified: 02-08-2012 01:02 PM by Old Dwarf.)
The CD?
Has anyone played the F&G CD (say that 5 times fastWatchmen02 )?
I had put mine aside played a Game & then got the figs ready to paint,
then got tied up with other Games & my current painting project
(a lot of Great stuff came out in the last quarter of 2011).

I just notice where I put the CD & it occured to me I never played it,
so has anyone else? Opinions?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-08-2012, 01:24 PM
RE: The CD?
I have. I rank it above LNOE's: ATOE > IFOS > FANG > LNOE. This time around, I found the compositions quite nice, but the sampling just didn't do it for me.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-08-2012, 06:45 PM
(02-08-2012 01:24 PM)mqstout Wrote:  I have. I rank it above LNOE's: ATOE > IFOS > FANG > LNOE.

Totally agree with this (except I don't own IFOS, so I can't say). We used the LNOE CD for about 15 minutes before giving up. We use the ATOE one every time we play. I even listen to it during game setup to get me in the mood. FANG is pretty good. I like the first track best. We used it for our first full game, but we have since switched to a Glen Miller CD I have that seems to fit the game a bit better. That said, the FANG CD is worth checking out.
01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
I just played over the break and decided to listed to the cd again as the first time I wasn't exactly thrilled with it. Of course, I was looking for John Williams orchestral masterpieces similar to Indiana Jones. I will say second time around the music did play nicely to the game. I just wish it had a little more depth to some of the songs.
01-07-2013, 09:38 PM
I only own LNOE's CD but never play it. Went through it once; was not a fan to say the least. There's a special edition version for sale on FlyingFrog's web site that includes 2 exclusive cards, but I'm not so sure I'll ever buy it, unless it's significantly better than the original.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
01-08-2013, 12:24 AM
My daughter, who is ten mind you, loves the AToE and IfOS soundtracks. She insists on listening to each whenever we play the games.

... Mostly in her room between turns, but that's the ruling (and shining example) of the Power of Dad.

I am not a fan, but who cares. She digs the music so much she sits at her little keyboard and tries to work out the notes in between her daily flights of fancy.

... Just so she can skirt the 'NO CD' rule her father has in place.

Grrrr.