Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Cleansing of Tomb 10,000
01-23-2022, 04:46 PM (This post was last modified: 01-27-2022 03:07 PM by Old Dwarf.)
The Cleansing of Tomb 10,000
Command HQ Gymmsforge, Thresh, Sunwane

Office of Lord-Castellant Conwell. Vice Commander

Sir, Castigator Astrid is here.

Send him In. Stormcast Astrid at ease, congratulations on Cleansing Tomb 59.
I'm sure you're looking forward to some rest while the rest of your Squad
is undergoing Reforging. However, we have a problem in Tomb #10,000 that needs
immediate attention & requires a Mission. It can't wait until Castigator-Prime Orris
& Castigator Eryk Reforge so need you & Valiant to take a Squad with non-Castigators into
that Tomb Complex. The Tomb is under our Command Center that controls the Wall defensives
& Its Wards have come under intense pressure from the Chainrasps. If they fail & the Rasps
break out it will compromise our entire defenses

I understand Sir but about their weapons.....?

I know but it won't be a problem. The 2 Stormcast assigned to the Mission, Thurnos Brightsoul
of the Malstrom of Light Stormhost has powerful Magic effective against the ethereal &
Bran Surebolt of the Lions of Sigmar Stormhost was granted a Thunderhead Crossbow for his
expertise as a weapons master.

You'll have the rest of the day to bring Thurnos & Bran up to speed on what they can expect
in the Crypts & report at Cycle 19 Tomorrow. Questions?

No Sir.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thresh,Starsday,Cycle 19, Segment 1

Astrid & the Squad enter the Tomb Complex & spread out to secure the winding corridors . A Rasp
appears from an unsecured corridor moves on Thurnos & wounds him.

Cycle 19. Segment 2

Astrid sees the Winch just down a side corridor & moves to cranking it & is relieved to hear the far
off sound of iron door grinding open to unseal the Hyshian Illuminator. Bran shoots at the Rasp who attacked
Thurnos & takes it down. Valiant sensing a Crypt shift moves into another corridor & Thurnos picking
up on the Hound's unease also falls back. He then notices the weird glimmer of a Soul Trap in the corridor
& Consecrates that section. A Rasp appears & attacks Astrid giving him a wound & 2 other Rasp as Swift as Death
sweep in on Thurnos but the fights them off.

Cycle 19, Segment 3

Astrid fires on the 3 Rasps & manages to take out 2, Thurnos cast a bolt on the remaining Rasp & it goes down,
he then moves to cover the Soul Trap.Valiant moves into another side corridor while Bran comes back to the
Entrance. Astrid is summoned back to the main corridor by Thrunos.4 Rasps appear & 3 Attack the Squad, Thurnos
advoids any damage but Astrid & Bran both take wounds.

Cycle 19, Segment 4

Thurnos sends a bolt into a Rasp putting it down, Bran takes out another Rasp & moves to a side corridor.
Astrid kills another Rasp.Thurnos is able to invoke The Blessings of Sigmar & the wounded members of the Squad
are restored. Then Crypts begin to shift taking a section of the Tomb into darkness along with
the remaining Rasp. 4 more Rasp quickly appear & the Squad is again under attack . Thurnos fends off 2
attackers but Astrid takes a hit.

Cycle 20, Segment 1

Bran shoots at the 2 Rasp that attacked Thurnos & takes them both out, Thurnos bolts down another Rasp & moves
up to secure a winding corridor. Valiant moves in the keep the Soul Trap secured.Astrid fires on & takes out
the remaining Rasp & moves back up the main corridor to join the rest of the Squad.3 Rasp appear 1 makes a spectral Assault
on Valiant but the Hounds Indomitable Fortitude lets it ignore the damage.

Cycle 20, Segment 2

Bran attacks 2 Rasps taking both out. Thurnos & Valiant move up the corridor .Astrid moves up to the Soul Trap to keep it
secured. The Crypts shift taking a Rasp back into the darkness. 4 Rasp appear & 2 move & attack Astrid taking him down.

Cycle 20, Segment 3

Bran fires at the 2 Rasps that took out Astrid missing them both. Thurnos & Valiant move back to reinforce Bran who
knowing his back is covered shoots again & takes out 2 the Rasps. Now 3 more Rasps & the Death Warden emerge from the
dark corridors. 2 Rasps move & attack Valiant but the Hound Stands Firm & the Rasps hesitate to attack.

Cycle 20, Segment 4

Brad shoots at a Rasp & retreats to the Entrance on the main corridor as Valiant guards the Soul Trap. Thurnos cast
a bolt taking out the Death Warden & Rasp, 4 more Rasp appear along with the Death Warden return. Both Bran &
Thurnos are attacked & wounded.

Cycle 21, Segment 1

Thurnos puts a bolt on the Death Warden but it misses however the next bolt finds it mark & the Death Warden goes down.
Valiant moves to Thurnos & he sends the Hound forward to secure a winding corridor. Bran moves to join Thurnos. More
rumblings take some Crypts away along with 2 Rasps. A Rasp appears & attacks Thurnos who fights it off another
Rasp wounds Bran.

Cycle 21, Segment 2

Valiant moves into a new corridor with Bran & Thurnos following the Hound. Bran is sent ahead to secure a winding
corridor. The Rumblings increase as the Crypts shift removing 2 Rasps. The Rasps tenacious as ever appear & 3 .
A rasp drifts toward Thurnos & another moves to attack Bran who fights it off.

Cycle 21, Segment 3

Thurnos fires a bolt to take out a Rasp & moves up to Valiant & Sends the Hound up the corridor to scout. The Hound
finds a Stairway down. Bran moves up the Thurnos as the Crypts Rumble & shift behind him removing 2 Rasps.

Cycle 21, Segment 4

The Squad waste no time descending the stairs & take advantage of the brief respite to recover from their wounds.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This ends the 1st Stage of the Campaign. The 2n Stage will start with the Squad back to full health but burned
through 4 of their 5 Power Cards.

I'm doing better at the Game by taking advantage of putting the Stormcast figs on Tiles that lose LoS so that
other Tiles are removed. This increases the chances of finding one of the objective Tiles & often also removes
Chainrasps as well.

Stage 2 to be continued.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-25-2022, 03:16 AM
RE: The Cleansing of Tomb !0,000
Cleansing of Tomb 10,000 -Campaign Stage 2

Cycle 22, Segment 1

Thurnos & Valiant move to explore a twisting corridor & Bran follows as a rear guard, as the Squad moves
the side corridor they vacated shifts back into darkness.2 Rasps appear down the corridor 1 drift up
with the other & they attack Bran who fights them off.

Cycle 22, Segment 2

Thurnos moves down the corridor safely avoiding a Spear Trap, Valiant also passes safely through the
Spear Trap & Thurnos sends him ahead to secure a winding corridor. Bran however trips the trap & takes a wound
before joining Thurnos.The Crypts keep shifting sending most of the corridors into darkness taking 2 rasp with
them. 1 Rasp appears at the back of the corridor & attacks Bran giving him a 2nd wound.

Cycle 22, Segment 3

Valiant continues to move to guard the twisting corridor Thurnos & Bran follow close behind. Bran shoots at
the Rasp behind them taking it down. Another Rasp quickly appears & drifts up the corridor to attack Bran
but fails to do any damage.

Cycle 22, Segment 4

Bran moves up the corridor as Valiant scouts ahead to guard the next winding corridor. Thurnos cast a bolt on
a Rasp eliminating it & then joins Bran. A Rasp moves into the corridor and targets Bran who fights it off.

Cycle 23, Segment 1

Bran fires at an approaching Rasp taking it down & then moves down the corridor triggering a Spear Trap which
gives him a final wound. Thurnos & Valiant not wishing to risk the Spear Trap move back up the main corridor. Thurnos then
calls the Hound to him. 2 Rasp appear 1 moves to attack Valiant & the other blocks the end of the corridor. Valiant
survives the attack.

Cycle 23, Segment 2

Valiant counterattacks his attacker putting it down. Thurnos sends a bolt into Rasp blocking the corridor & eliminates
it. He then sends Valiant to guard a winding corridor. a single Rasp appears & drifts up the corridor to attack Thurnos
giving the Stormcast a wound.

Cycle 23, Segment 3

Thurnos ducks into a side corridor & sees the sickly green aura of a Soul Trap & moves to neutralize it. Valiant moves
to secure a newly exposed winding corridor. The shifting Crypts send the main corridor into darkness along with a Rasp.
Another Rasp quickly appears & attacks Thurnos who fights it off.

Cycle 23, Segment 4

Thurnos continues his battle with the Rasp but his 1st bolt goes wide & it takes a second bolt to take it down.Valiant
moves to secure a junction corridor as another Rasp appears to attack Thurnos but once again he fights it off.

Cycle 24, Segment 1

Thurnos takes his opponent down but it takes him 2 bolts to do it, Valiant then moves back to Thurnos to help keep the
Soul Trap secure as the Crypts off the Junction shift into darkness. Rasps appear at both ends of the corridor 1 attacks
Thurnos & this time he goes down. The other Rasp drifts up behind Valiant.

Cycle 24, segment 2

Valiant alone now attacks the Rasp facing it & takes it out then turning on the other Rasp using his Aetheric Might slays it.
Another Rasp drifts up & attack the Hound manages to dodge it.

Cycle 24, Segment 3

Valiant moves up the corridor shear instinct driving the Hound on to find the Hyshian Illuminator but a Rasp is in pursuit
catches up & attacks finally bringing Valiant down. The Tomb has been greatly reduced of its Rasps & the danger to the Wards
reduced but as its still uncleansed the danger remains.

________________________________________________________________________________​______________________________________

Once again so close with only a few Tiles left to uncover but I seem to have a knack for shuffling needed objective Tiles
as far down in the stack as possible. The 2nd Stage restored the Stormcasts wounds but I was short 1 Stormcast & had
no Power Cards that would help cancel wounds so the longer the Game went the chances of winning kept getting slimmer.

I've played 5 Games now & lost most of them but it's a fun game with really good solo mechanics.

OD

01-25-2022, 07:25 PM
Good to know you're enjoying this game. I always like to read the introduction section that builds up the story/mission. Cheers for posting.

Damn those Stormcasts! Sigmar has no right to keep their souls. They belong to the true lord Nagash!Zombie04

If you like my work please visit my Tomb http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Forum-The-Tomb
For painting articles visit A Brush with Death http://www.thezombiegame.com/forums/Foru...with-Death
01-25-2022, 11:29 PM
Well now I'm going to the Dark Gods as my copy of Bladeborn arrived & I need to assemble 2 Chaos Warbands.
That Game comes with Cards that let you add 4 more Chaos Warbands to the Game (of course you need to buy
those Warband Packs from GW,

I have a lot of older Chaos Warhammer Figs already painted so I intended to just match my Figs with the Cards but
the new GW Figs are so tempting so the Money Pit shovel may come out.

OD