Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Cleansing of Tomb # 26
01-12-2022, 03:20 PM
The Cleansing of Tomb # 26
Glymmsforge, Highspirit.Voidsday

The Castigator Stormcast Eternals have returned from their 2nd Reforging. They are aware
that their past failures at Tomb 1037 & 9016 although reducing the number of Chainrasps
have left those Tombs still a danger to the City.Their next Mission is to neutralize
Tomb#26 a large complex near the East Wall of the threatened City.

Cycle 12, Segment 1

Entering the Tomb, Orris notices down one of the corridors is the Winch & he sends Eryk down
to active it. Eric avoids a Spear Trap gets to the Winch & cranks it & is rewarded by a far off
scraping-growling sound of iron doors being opened unsealing the Hyshian Illuminator.
Orris, Valiant & Astrid move out to cover some of the winding corridors that might conceal
Chainrasps. There are however too many such corridors & 3 Chainrasps respond to the Castigators
intrusion.One Rasp attacks Valiant but the hound repels the assualt.2 more Rasp move on Orris
& the Castigator-Prime takes a wound.

Cycle 12, Segment 2

Orris fires on 2 Rasps taking them both out.Valiant takes down another Rasp & Eryk moves back
to the Entrance once again avoiding a Spera Trap.Astrid moves to cover a winding corridor.
The Rasp response is immediate as 5 appear along with the Death Warden.2 Rasps attack Orris
who fends them off. Valiant falls to the Death Warden attack and another Rasp drifts with a
companion to attack Astrid but he avoids them.

Cycle 12, Segment 3

Orris attacks a Rasp but misses & he then moves to secure a winding corridor. Eryk destroys 2
Rasps & moves with Astrid to patrol another winding corridor. A great rumbling shakes the Tomb
as the Crypts shift taking the Death Warden & another Rasp into the darkness. The remaining Rasp
moves in on Orris & the Castigator-Prime falls under the attack.

Cycle 12, Segment 4

Eryk moves back toward the entrance & get a Line of Site on the remaining Rasp takes it out. Astrid
continues to guard a winding corridor. The rumbling continues & more of the corridors disappear
into the blackness. A lone Rasp appears & wounds Eryk

Cycle 13, Segment 1

The rumbling now fills the Tomb as new catacombs are exposed. Eryk takes out a Rasp & moves to the
Entrance followed by Astrid as more Crypts shift & disappear.2 Rasps appear from the remaining winding corridors
& attack Eryk giving him a 2nd wound.

Cycle 13, Segment 2

The rumbling produces new corridors & Eryk fires on a Rasp misses & runs into a side corridor & Astid fires
on the Rasp & also misses & follows Eryk. The corridors continue shifting into darkness & 2 more rasp
appear & join the other Rasp for a combined attack on Eryk.the Castigator takes the hit but his Indomitable
Fortitude keeps him going.

Cycle 13, Segment 3

The rumbling seases & the Catacombs stabilize Eryk strikes back at his attackers taking all 3 down.Astrid
now moves to secure another winding corridor.2 More Rasp appear & go for Eryk giving him his fatal wound.

Cycle 13, Segment 4

Astrid now alone attacks the Rasps & eliminates 1. The Rasps Swift as Death attack him but he manages to beat them off.

Cycle 14, Segment 1

Astrid attacks 2 of the Rasps but fails to hit either one. All 3 of The Rasp counterattack & Astrid is hit twice but
his Blessing of Sigmar allows him to shrug off 1.

Cycle 14, Segment 2

Astrid desperate now attacks the Rasps & takes down 2 then retreats down a corridor as the rumbling resumes &
the crypts shift into darkness taking the remaining Rasp with it. The Rasps are relentless 2 more appear &
go at Astrid & the Castigator joins the rest of his squad streaking back to Azyr. The goes silent still in
the dread hands of Nagash's minions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Skunked Again! I love it! The Game is fast & straightforward the Castigators need to locate 2 or 3 Tiles
(depending if it's a Campaign game or not) & the Chainrasps simply need to kill Castigators. But, the
add/remove Tile mechanic keep the Game from being static.This time I made an effort to move the
Castigators so that the removal of tiles would kick in(if a tile with a chainrasp is removed it takes the
Rasp with it) which worked but it often made for adding more tiles & allowing more Chainrasp to appear.

The Castigators have only limited wounds (Orris /Astrid have 2/Eryk has 3 & Valiant has 1) so you need
to pick your fights or run like hell. This Game was a Campaign Game & I lucked out by having the Winch
tile show up in the initial set Up so I just needed to find/ get to the Stairway to reset the Game (new Tile
Set Up & Castigators restore any wounds)so the final Hyshian Illuminator tile is put in play.

This time after the final Castigator was killed ,losing the Game, I flipped over the next tile that would have
been placed if the Game continued & it was the Stairway. So close but with only 1 Castigator left I probably
would not have won.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply