Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Coast Issues
01-02-2013, 12:14 AM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2013 12:18 AM by Dillon00.)
RE: The Coast Issues
The cards being a different color doesn't bother me, but they are also a different size. It's not a big deal but shuffling them is a little awkward.

The tokens are also much darker, so if you draw villains that way, you'll probably have to draw from a bag.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
01-02-2013, 10:41 PM
I have the same problem, and I don't mind on everything except for the Lair cards. Those are noticeably different, which breaks the game (unless I'm not using The Coast board, then it's actually an advantage since I can remove those cards easier). I contacted FFP, and they told me to get card sleeves. I wasn't happy with the response (cards w/ sleeves don't fit in my boxes), but that's what I'll have to do since FFP won't provide a reprint.
01-04-2013, 06:27 AM (This post was last modified: 01-04-2013 06:49 AM by LSD.)
Is this issue pertaining to any one particular print run or all of them?

Also I can't believe the response FFP gave one customer over on the BGG forums regarding this issue:

Quote:We understand your concern about color variation in card backs. As gamers, ourselves, this always bothered us when playing our favorite games and having cards not match. We've made it a priority with our manufacturer in China. However, we've come to realize that there are always color variations in printing that cannot be helped. The variation shown in your photos is within the range of variation that we get in the printing process. I'm sorry for the difference in tint that you're seeing. Card replacements would also have similar variations.

Thank you,
Chris Kemnow
Flying Frog Productions, LLC
01-07-2013, 05:01 PM
I just got my copy of "The coast" in the mail and it is so jacked. All the counters are majorly off center, the board top label/sticker is crooked and the cards don't match like others have mentioned.. I can't believe the epic failure in this product. Whats going on with the Frog?
01-08-2013, 12:13 AM
(01-07-2013 05:01 PM)LSD Wrote:  I just got my copy of "The coast" in the mail and it is so jacked. All the counters are majorly off center, the board top label/sticker is crooked and the cards don't match like others have mentioned.. I can't believe the epic failure in this product. Whats going on with the Frog?

I am sorry that ended up your luck, LSD; what a drag. I believe I have recently read a thread at BBG where the same thing happened to another customer. Had that happened to me, I have to admit that I'd be pretty darned irked.

Thankfully, outside of the color difference, my copy was fine. Still, the more I read about these issues, the more I am convinced Flying Frog needs to crack the whip on their printer. For as much pizazz FFP throw into their games, allowing continual printing errors to bring such negative publicity to their cause is a real shame.

On the bright side, FFP is known to handle these issues to the general satisfaction of the game owner.