Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Coast Issues
12-06-2012, 02:07 AM
The Coast Issues
Hey all,

I am considering buying the Coast to be delivered sometime in January, but I encountered a slight hiccup:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/8828...-base-game

Has anyone who has gotten the Coast experienced similar problems? This game is the one FFP game that I was sure I wasn't going to sleeve, but after looking at this, it seems like I might either be forced to sleeve, or wait for a reprint.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
12-06-2012, 02:58 AM
RE: The Coast Issues
yep...theres a color shift. But I sleeved my Secrets in black backed sleeves and the other cards are acceptable in their decks...I am pleased.

12-06-2012, 03:15 AM
Is it really as bad as the photos show they are? If so, that's a huge bummer.
12-06-2012, 09:34 AM
It may be a problem for the 'serious' gamers to be able to identify a base game Secrets card from one from the Coast but it doesn't bother me. You still don't know if its a good, evil or neutral Secret. It certainly won't stop me from getting and enjoying what is by all accounts a very good expansion.

Solutions are to deal from the bottom of the deck and make sure the Town Elder card completely covers the Secret card(s).
12-06-2012, 11:00 PM
(12-06-2012 02:58 AM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  yep...theres a color shift. But I sleeved my Secrets in black backed sleeves and the other cards are acceptable in their decks...I am pleased.

Agreed.

(12-06-2012 03:15 AM)Bokya Wrote:  Is it really as bad as the photos show they are? If so, that's a huge bummer.

My thoughts are already in that thread, so I'll not repost them here, but I will say I that the level of hyprebole & hysteria in that thread is a bit exagerated IMO. It's their opinion & I respect their right to it, but I don't agree with it, YMMV.

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
12-07-2012, 01:55 AM
(12-06-2012 09:34 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  Solutions are to deal from the bottom of the deck and make sure the Town Elder card completely covers the Secret card(s).

Best solution that makes the entire issue of cards not being the same color a moot point. Zombie17 Looks like I will be getting the game after all, along with HP 1 and 2 for Christmas. Yay ATOE!
12-07-2012, 07:39 PM
(12-06-2012 11:00 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 02:58 AM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  yep...theres a color shift. But I sleeved my Secrets in black backed sleeves and the other cards are acceptable in their decks...I am pleased.

Agreed.

(12-06-2012 03:15 AM)Bokya Wrote:  Is it really as bad as the photos show they are? If so, that's a huge bummer.

My thoughts are already in that thread, so I'll not repost them here, but I will say I that the level of hyprebole & hysteria in that thread is a bit exagerated IMO. It's their opinion & I respect their right to it, but I don't agree with it, YMMV.

Agreed MoonSylver. I just posted my thoughts there too. But I wonder what it would take to get FFP's attention? Or to prompt them to correct the problem? Surely acquiescence wouldn't do it - so I don't blame the guys with sharp words and firm stances. Maybe it will do some good. Who knows. I just don't like cutting my nose off to spite FFP - and miss out on valuable play time. You would hope that such fan loyalty would prompt them to act.
12-08-2012, 01:09 AM
(12-07-2012 07:39 PM)ATOEtalGeek Wrote:  
(12-06-2012 11:00 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  

Agreed.

Agreed MoonSylver. I just posted my thoughts there too. But I wonder what it would take to get FFP's attention? Or to prompt them to correct the problem? Surely acquiescence wouldn't do it - so I don't blame the guys with sharp words and firm stances. Maybe it will do some good. Who knows. I just don't like cutting my nose off to spite FFP - and miss out on valuable play time. You would hope that such fan loyalty would prompt them to act.

Mm. The silence has been a bit disconcerting. IIRC though I'm thinking they were pretty "mum" on the whole GH debacle until the "fix" was set to go. I'm wondering if the same might not be true for this? Difficult to say. The whole thing bums me out regardless. Insane19
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
12-10-2012, 10:00 AM
(12-08-2012 01:09 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  Mm. The silence has been a bit disconcerting. IIRC though I'm thinking they were pretty "mum" on the whole GH debacle until the "fix" was set to go. I'm wondering if the same might not be true for this? Difficult to say. The whole thing bums me out regardless. Insane19
---MSWatchmen01

What was the GH problem, if I may ask. I've already ordered both GH and The Coast though, but it's always good to be prepared.
12-10-2012, 10:41 PM
(12-10-2012 10:00 AM)Bokya Wrote:  
(12-08-2012 01:09 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  Mm. The silence has been a bit disconcerting. IIRC though I'm thinking they were pretty "mum" on the whole GH debacle until the "fix" was set to go. I'm wondering if the same might not be true for this? Difficult to say. The whole thing bums me out regardless. Insane19
---MSWatchmen01

What was the GH problem, if I may ask. I've already ordered both GH and The Coast though, but it's always good to be prepared.

Back when the 1st printing of LNOE was out the boards on it were "darker" & did not match the GH boards whe it was released. The issue was corrected & 1st printing is long gone, so you should have no worries. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01