Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 3.5 Average
The Coast announced for ATOE
05-26-2011, 07:19 AM
The Coast announced for ATOE
From BGG:

The Coast Expansion is packed full of new material for A Touch of Evil® including 4 exciting new Heroes, a new full size game board of the fog-shrouded coastline to add to the main Shadowbrook board, new Town Elders, and a host of new mysteries to be solved. The Coast also features tons of new game cards including decks for new Locations to explore, The Smuggler’s Cove, Lighthouse, a haunted Shipwreck, and the long cursed village of Tidewater; and much more! With 4 fearsome new Villains to hunt like The Ghost Ship, Siren, or the dreaded Dreamweaver, the Heroes must fend off deadly curses and contend with all manner of creatures from the dark depths to keep evil at bay, forcing it back into the icy waters that break along the rocky shores of The Coast.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/6829729#6829729
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-26-2011, 09:33 AM
RE: The Coast announced for ATOE
WTF-Great News but why didn't they really make this public.This was in response to a "Is AToE Dead"Thread on BGG,Here's Jason response

"Hey Guys,

I'm actually kind of surprised that no one has put this info up on the web anywhere yet as we announced it at the GAMA tradeshow in Las Vegas back in March. There is no official release date yet, but we are aiming for some time in 2012 on this one. Here is the press release announcement for ATOE: The Coast -

The Coast Expansion is packed full of new material for A Touch of Evil® including 4 exciting new Heroes, a new full size game board of the fog-shrouded coastline to add to the main Shadowbrook board, new Town Elders, and a host of new mysteries to be solved. The Coast also features tons of new game cards including decks for new Locations to explore, The Smuggler’s Cove, Lighthouse, a haunted Shipwreck, and the long cursed village of Tidewater; and much more! With 4 fearsome new Villains to hunt like The Ghost Ship, Siren, or the dreaded Dreamweaver, the Heroes must fend off deadly curses and contend with all manner of creatures from the dark depths to keep evil at bay, forcing it back into the icy waters that break along the rocky shores of The Coast.

There should also be a couple of new Web exclusive supplements that go on sale at the official webstore before The Coast hits next year.

ATOE is very much alive and there are a lot of crazy and cool things in the pipe for it.

Happy Gaming!

- Jason"

FFP didn't even put this Announcement on their own web Site !! Not the best way to start any Buzz?Maybe they didn't want to step on F&G?

In any case it's a year away & we get New Elders,so something to look forward to.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
05-26-2011, 05:35 PM
Cool. So if you have Something Wicked and The Coast, you play with 3 boards? Sounds pretty big. I still haven't yet (I am campaigning to get it for my July B-Day), so it is hard to tell how well this will work. The ghost ship sounds like a pretty cool enemy.
05-27-2011, 01:54 AM
Hey Guys,

We announced 'The Coast' at the GAMA tradeshow in March, as well as 'Blood in the Forest' for LNOE (expecting a lot more questions on that in 3...2...1...), but we didn't want to overhype them yet as they are both TBD on the release dates. We wanted to let people know that there is new stuff in the pipe and we are aiming at a 2012 release window, but didn't want to distract from the coming release of Fortune and Glory, as that hits in Fall 2011.

We've been working on expansions for all of the games released in the background (there's some really cool stuff in the works), and it's just a matter of time before we start announcing them and getting them all the way through production and manufacturing. From a release schedule perspective, there's not much point in really hyping an expansion that is still a year or so away. We just wanted people to know that it is being worked on and to give a little tease at things to come.

(as a side note, The Coast board can be used with or without the Echo Lake board from Something Wicked).

Are you teased? ;>

- Jason
05-27-2011, 05:14 AM
Totally TeasedWatchmen02..Thanks Jason!

I can see not wanting to step on F&G (my next FFP Purchase)
but the "oh by the way,we have cool AtoE & LNoE stuff
in the works"sort of caught us off guard.

The Coast looks really cool & Blood in The Forest ????
does this mean new Boards for LNoE?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-08-2011, 03:14 AM
I am extremely teased. I hate/love that I just got into these games and I'm already drooling over new expansions and upcoming releases (Fortune and Glory looks sooo sweet).