Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Colour Out Of Space Scenario
08-18-2008, 03:02 PM
The Colour Out Of Space Scenario
So who has used this? Did you like it as it is written or did you tweak the rules to befit your play style or group? I am gearing up to give it a go and almost have the 3D version of the crashed meteorite done and will post for folks viewing pleasure.

For folks who have not seen it you can find the scenario card Here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/337925

pdf version here:
http://boardgamegeek.com/file/info/32426

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2008, 11:15 PM
RE: The Colour Out Of Space Scenario
I haven't used it. I tend to avoid BGG (I dislike the layout and it's hard ever to find anything...). I haven't gotten to the two "official" web scenarios yet, either (they're next!).

Reading the scenario, it's curious how he omits the "pack mentality" ability from being chosen.

The scenario seems like it could be fun, but it seems very much like it's in the player's favor. There's little reason not to sit and search until you find dynamite. Then you win...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-19-2008, 12:36 AM (This post was last modified: 08-19-2008 01:47 AM by Canadian Pittbull.)
mqstout Wrote:I haven't used it. I tend to avoid BGG (I dislike the layout and it's hard ever to find anything...). I haven't gotten to the two "official" web scenarios yet, either (they're next!).

Reading the scenario, it's curious how he omits the "pack mentality" ability from being chosen.

The scenario seems like it could be fun, but it seems very much like it's in the player's favor. There's little reason not to sit and search until you find dynamite. Then you win...

I have heard mixed results from folks who have used it. Some have the Heroes win others have the Zombies win. I think for us when we finally play it out it will be the Zombies since the Heroes get screwed by the card deck and we seem to always have the most needed items are at the bottom of the deck.

I think this scenario allows for customization so I will post how it goes for us and what could be used to mix it up a bit. I also added some pics of the meteorite template in 3D for the Project Woodinvale board. Check them out! Also "pack mentality" goes against theme and mechanics of the scenario since Grave Dead can only be spawned at the meteor when townsfolk are brought there. Having Grave Dead spawn into any space where a zombie already is takes away the whole purpose of the townsfolk and the zombies dragging them to the meteor to get radiated.

08-19-2008, 03:27 AM
Haven't tried it, but I do need to check it out. Thanks for the linkage!
08-19-2008, 08:21 AM
Canadian Pittbull Wrote:I also added some pics of the meteorite template in 3D for the Project Woodinvale board. Check them out!

"That's a meteor. I'll be dipped in shit if that ain't a meteor!"*

Nice Work as usual, CP!! I want one!!!

* Name the film?
08-19-2008, 01:40 PM
Film: I'm gonna go with creepshow and the actor who said it if I'm correct in my first guess was Stephen king as Jordy Verrill.
08-19-2008, 02:03 PM
I am gonna agree with shadow's answer.

Also a fun fact is that the Creepshow story of Jordy Verrill was inspired by Lovecraft's Colour Out of Space story.

08-24-2008, 02:00 PM
Come on zombie67 I wanna know if canadian pitbull and I were right! The suspense is killing me.
08-26-2008, 06:52 PM
Yeah we are right. Zombie03

08-27-2008, 07:48 AM
Good times!