Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Conjuring (movie)
08-26-2013, 02:28 PM
The Conjuring (movie)
Has anyone seen this yet? Saw it this past weekend with my girlfriend and I loved it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-26-2013, 05:00 PM
RE: The Conjuring (movie)
I loved it as well, thought it was a truly creepy movie with some good scares. They already have a sequel planned. Not the same family or house, the movies will follow the Warrens and the various cases they have had over the years, I think this could be a good anthology series during halloween time.
Find all posts by this user
08-26-2013, 08:10 PM
Jimbal hounded me every chance he got until I broke down and checked it out. I thought it was one of the more genuinely creepy movies I've seen in recent years. It has an almost perfect mix of tension-building and jump scare, such that once the movie begins you can never truly have that tension relieved until it's all over. It is, in its way, an exhausting movie because of that. But that's part of what makes it great.

Panning For Clouds - A Writer's Blog containing short stories and writing advice.
08-26-2013, 10:59 PM
Yeah... Word
08-27-2013, 08:14 PM
I hope this brings back the horror genre that's not of the "found footage" type. I like all of the acting, the kids looked genuinely scared out of their wits.
08-27-2013, 11:17 PM
I don't mind found footage movies as much as others do but I will agree it has over taken the market. I love this movie because it is a slow burn, it has good pacing and build up, keeps you going with a scare or two, and then $&@?;Insane19 gets real lol. Blumhouse and Jason Blum have definitely found a great niche and a way of makng movies scary again.