Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
The Cult
08-11-2016, 01:48 AM
RE: The Cult
Having Slaughterville, the Add on of Cult Cards for each location is cool but only if you have
that Game. The addition of 4 Survivors from D-Z which you get to vote on is nice but I really don't see
either as being something that will reverse the lackluster response for pledges.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2016, 08:20 PM
Adding cult to dz will help some, but there needs to be something with horse power injected soon to keep the gears turning. I'm trying to think of things either add ons or mods that nigh generate some new member interest. So far grey hair seems to be all that's Coming out of my head. Watchmen02
08-11-2016, 09:45 PM
(08-11-2016 08:20 PM)soundguy Wrote:  Adding cult to dz will help some, but there needs to be something with horse power injected soon to keep the gears turning. I'm trying to think of things either add ons or mods that nigh generate some new member interest. So far grey hair seems to be all that's Coming out of my head. Watchmen02

Hey at least you have hair Watchmen02

Agreed although Cult on todays check has made up for
the drops out of the last several days & has just cracked $8000
in pledges.

OD

08-12-2016, 12:59 AM
Yup, just saw that. If the companions and survivors would fill up, that would get it to 9.6k

Just under 300$ a day is needed.

George and Chris Brown need to dig in their bag of tricks and pull out something fantastic to refuel the train.

Right now all we can do is Hope.

Hope hope hope... Zombie03
08-16-2016, 09:15 PM
The Cult D-Z is just over 10K so chances of it making Goal are looking up.
They added a Cult Invasion, a mini card expansion for Slaughterville for $15
as a stand alone add on which should be popular as Slaughterville was
was a big success.

OD

08-17-2016, 08:14 PM
I have Slaughterville (which I backed) and District Z. Unfortunately, neither one has managed to actually hit my gaming table yet. I'm not sure if it's the rules being clunky or something, but as I looked through it, I was impressed by the components but didn't come away with a real sense of how to play or how it would be fun. That being said, it's competing on my table against LNoE... And it's really really hard to push LNoE aside for an evening to try something else. I'll give it a shot eventually... soon, even, I hope, but I'm not ready to back another one yet, unfortunately.
08-22-2016, 03:16 PM
I can't speak for slaughterville, however I have played DZ many, many many times. Mostly we play with 4 players, and usually we play campaign and keep going from one 'game zone' to the next.

All the hero's the survive a game, essentially make it out of the city they were trying to, and eventually make it to another city. If you have items with you, you discard half your items to account for making it out and the walk to another city. Ant people that had hero's die in the last game can join back in with a new hero as they are picked up on the road.

The game play itself is well covered in the rules. You lay out your city with the cards. then you start exploring. If boss are encountered, the boss die determines movement. the rules cover regular combat as well as boss combat. It's easier to kill a boss the more hero's you have on him at the time... etc.

Good game, very repeatable.

And you can house rule it however you want it. for instance. the subway/sewer add on. we didn't mix those in randomly but instead decided the grid size of our city, then put the sub/sew cards at fixed locations, then filled inthe city grid around them. sure as players we would know the approx locations of the sew/sub locations on the 'map' but that's realistic. If I look at a city map.. I won't know the area ( locations ).. but i can sure find things like train stations.. etc.

It's a very playable and replayable game.

You can make it harder or easier. Sometimes if introducing new players, kids, etc.. go with house rules, start with items, less objectives, no boss etc.

want harder.. bigger city, more objectives, more boss's.
08-22-2016, 11:31 PM
11th hour expansion, more survivors, scalable difficulty.. Deluxe sponsorship gets loaded to the hilt now!
08-24-2016, 04:13 PM
Less than 500$ to go ( 484$ but who's counting! ).

Ship has almost sailed!
08-24-2016, 06:50 PM
Yet another update rolled out today! Another branched ending has been added. WIN WIN WIN!