Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Cursed Brethren
07-25-2020, 02:51 PM
RE: The Cursed Brethren
Again, WOW!!!!! You do amazing work!!!!

Yeah, that's a lot of verbiage to put on one card, and it looks like you ran out of room for the Houdon' s zombie stats. Thought to make things simpler and free up room for the zombie stats, about we change item 1 to the following:

1- The Cursed Shantey- All who hear the Cursed Brethren's bedeviled shantey in the distance feel the lure of the cursed treasure. Randomly select a Town elder and roll a d6: on a roll of 1-2 the Elder immedately flees to join the Brethren and will fight with Barbarossa.

Maybe it will help. Feel free to cut out wordinesss wherever you see fit. Thanks!!!

(07-24-2020 09:00 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  OK, not sure I'm 100% happy with this yet, but the weekend is almost here.
Barbossa Basic Minion Chart
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-26-2020, 04:17 PM
Another simpler idea. Instead of having the Houdon summon Vodue zombies, he can simply summon d3 Drowned Dead, and anyone who has the Coast has the card for them had their stats. Can put their stats somewhere in the PDF with the final villain and minion cards for those who don't have the expansion. That would only require changing a word or two from your current card's wording. Just my .02.

(07-25-2020 02:51 PM)Cheshirekat72a Wrote:  Again, WOW!!!!! You do amazing work!!!!

Yeah, that's a lot of verbiage to put on one card, and it looks like you ran out of room for the Houdon' s zombie stats. Thought to make things simpler and free up room for the zombie stats, about we change item 1 to the following:

1- The Cursed Shantey- All who hear the Cursed Brethren's bedeviled shantey in the distance feel the lure of the cursed treasure. Randomly select a Town elder and roll a d6: on a roll of 1-2 the Elder immedately flees to join the Brethren and will fight with Barbarossa.

Maybe it will help. Feel free to cut out wordinesss wherever you see fit. Thanks!!!

(07-24-2020 09:00 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  OK, not sure I'm 100% happy with this yet, but the weekend is almost here.
07-27-2020, 02:06 PM (This post was last modified: 07-27-2020 02:16 PM by BigDumbYak.)
1. Is it Hougan, Houdan or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houngan ?
2. His Stats are in the stat block on the top of his section. Shouldnt be too hard to add the Zombie in somewhere. (this keeps it playable without The Coast)

(07-26-2020 04:17 PM)Cheshirekat72a Wrote:  Another simpler idea. Instead of having the Houdon summon Vodue zombies, he can simply summon d3 Drowned Dead, and anyone who has the Coast has the card for them had their stats. Can put their stats somewhere in the PDF with the final villain and minion cards for those who don't have the expansion. That would only require changing a word or two from your current card's wording. Just my .02.

(07-25-2020 02:51 PM)Cheshirekat72a Wrote:  Again, WOW!!!!! You do amazing work!!!!

Lol, nevermind, I see it now. I'll see what I can do when I get some spare time
07-27-2020, 09:24 PM
Glad you checked! I suppose it is Houngan. I was trying to work from memory, which is always dangerous (for me). Watchmen02
(07-27-2020 02:06 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  1. Is it Hougan, Houdan or https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Houngan ?
2. His Stats are in the stat block on the top of his section. Shouldnt be too hard to add the Zombie in somewhere. (this keeps it playable without The Coast)

(07-26-2020 04:17 PM)Cheshirekat72a Wrote:  Another simpler idea. Instead of having the Houdon summon Vodue zombies, he can simply summon d3 Drowned Dead, and anyone who has the Coast has the card for them had their stats. Can put their stats somewhere in the PDF with the final villain and minion cards for those who don't have the expansion. That would only require changing a word or two from your current card's wording. Just my .02.

Lol, nevermind, I see it now. I'll see what I can do when I get some spare time
07-27-2020, 10:02 PM
Update
(imgur now because Photobucket was whining)
[Image: PwB9JmP.png]
07-30-2020, 06:42 PM
Again, just amazing work! Thank you!! Since I am not a registered user, if you wish to submit theset to the download section where others can more easily find them, please do so. Would be great to have as many folks as possible enjoy them. Really hoping to actually try them out this weekend...Watchmen02Watchmen02Watchmen02

(07-27-2020 10:02 PM)BigDumbYak Wrote:  Update
(imgur now because Photobucket was whining)
[Image: PwB9JmP.png]
07-30-2020, 07:44 PM
Cool beans. Watchmen02

Anyone else want to weigh in on these? Typos/Errors/Layout issues?
07-30-2020, 09:49 PM
Also: Not sure how many of each token you forsee needing so I just guessed.
As always, please reply with notes/suggsestions/corrections.

[Image: UGPF9aT.png]
08-04-2020, 07:34 PM
Great work. A few pointers.

Barbossa Minion Chart

1) Shantey x2: typo should be Shanty
elder: should be Elder
d6: should be D6
2-4) d3: should be D3
different location: change to Random Location for clarity
mortal means change to Combat attacks
5) different point change to Random Location for clarity
d3: should be D3
random locations should be capitalized Random Locations
He also spawns zombies... should be He also spawns Zombies at
Random Locations (capitalize Minion type and clarity where they are
spawned)
Darkness Track should be Shadow Track
Mystery phase capitalize Mystery Phase
Mystery card capitalize Mystery Card
hit capitalize Hit
hero capitalize Hero
item capitalize Item
6) in Barbarossa to Barbossa (word change for clarity and name typo)

I hope this helpsWatchmen02
08-05-2020, 03:18 PM
Thanks Trev! I can always count on you to provide quality edits! I will fix and update!