Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Closed 

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Dark Night Rises
07-20-2012, 05:19 PM
The Dark Night Rises
Unfortunately, I did not get my ticket early so all the Imax showings are not available for next 2 days but I am wondering how the film was for those of you who saw it?
Find all posts by this user
07-20-2012, 06:18 PM
RE: The Dark Night Rises
Not a good idea if your in Colorado.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
07-20-2012, 07:25 PM
(07-20-2012 06:18 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Not a good idea if your in Colorado.

OD

I laughed Watchmen02

I am the reason God stopped watching.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2012, 06:15 PM
(07-20-2012 06:18 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  Not a good idea if your in Colorado.

OD

Yeah I Lol'd I'm probably going to hell for that one....
07-21-2012, 06:46 PM
I am going to go watch it this week. First guy who goes for the emergency exit is getting a knee to the head!

But chances here in Belgium are slim that a fruitcake with guns comes walking in.

07-22-2012, 07:40 AM
What a tragedy.

I'm a big fan of the Dark Knight. I especially love the Frank Miller version that Christopher Nolan must have used for inspiration. Can't wait to see it. We have made a reservation for both babysitter and tickets. Watchmen02

Like the citizens of Gotham we shouldn't allow ourselves to be intimidated by thugs. Can't believe they cancelled the show in Paris. Why? To honour terrorism or to let the world know they have small d¿cks?

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
07-22-2012, 09:53 AM
(07-22-2012 07:40 AM)scarydk Wrote:  Like the citizens of Gotham we shouldn't allow ourselves to be intimidated by thugs. Can't believe they cancelled the show in Paris. Why? To honour terrorism or to let the world know they have small d¿cks?

They cancelled as they felt it would be inappropriate to hold a big celebration for a movie that a dozen people died at the day before. It's not about giving in to terrorism (this was a mass-murderer, not a terrorist) or out of fear (they had the best security possible I would imagine) but out of respect for the 12 dead and dozens injured (that include a 3 month old baby and girl under ten who was shot in the face).

That's a respect that seems to be sadly lacking on this board at the moment.
07-22-2012, 12:16 PM
(07-22-2012 09:53 AM)sickboy Wrote:  They cancelled as they felt it would be inappropriate to hold a big celebration for a movie that a dozen people died at the day before. It's not about giving in to terrorism (this was a mass-murderer, not a terrorist) or out of fear (they had the best security possible I would imagine) but out of respect for the 12 dead and dozens injured (that include a 3 month old baby and girl under ten who was shot in the face).

That's a respect that seems to be sadly lacking on this board at the moment.

I disagree. This guy is more than "just" a mass murdere hoping to cause even greater losses once caught. Thanks to the brave police force of Colorado that didn't happen. However he gained more than he could have hoped for when the show was cancelled in Paris. I think the show should have been made even more spectacular out of respect for the victims. It's about letting guys like him know that killing people won't earn you anything but the chair.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
07-22-2012, 12:55 PM
Thousands of people die every day.
Starvation, war, dissease, politics, religion, murders, accidents, ... and now all of a sudden the world has to grind to a halt because some fruitloop kills a bunch of people?
Don't be ridiculous.

I have a close friend who risks his life on a daily basis by going out to collect and dispose of bombs they still find around here from the great war (almost one hundred years ago!) He also did two tours to afganistan... Does the world stop when some of them get blown up? Nope.

People dying from diseases, starvation and all the things I have mentionend above has become so comon that nobody cares anymore. Seems like this also could be concidered lack of respect?

The dead do not care if the living show respect or not.

Overhere it took just one crazy guy to shoot some people in the street to get the gouverment to change the already strickt rules for persons to buy firearms.
ONE! How many times did this already happen in the US? And still nothing has changed...

07-22-2012, 06:29 PM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2012 06:30 PM by D153453D.)
Well put, Emp.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
Thread Closed