Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
doomsday - movie
06-12-2012, 12:40 PM
doomsday - movie
just watched a movie called doomsday

post apoc UK.. virus gets loose in scotland.. area is basically cut off from the rest fo the world and people left to die.. 25ys pass and the virus re-emerges outside the wall.. para-military team sent in to get a cure as spy sats discover living people in scotland.. etc.. kinda of mad max like stuff.

lotsa actionsome suspense.. but didn't feel the emotion.. and didn't like the ending much..
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2012, 01:00 PM
RE: doomsday - movie
(06-12-2012 12:40 PM)soundguy Wrote:  just watched a movie called doomsday

post apoc UK.. virus gets loose in scotland.. area is basically cut off from the rest fo the world and people left to die.. 25ys pass and the virus re-emerges outside the wall.. para-military team sent in to get a cure as spy sats discover living people in scotland.. etc.. kinda of mad max like stuff.

lotsa actionsome suspense.. but didn't feel the emotion.. and didn't like the ending much..

I saw this movie when it premiered, but can't really recall it. I guess it didn't leave much of an impression. I know that back then it actually made me think of the movie Escape from New York (1981). Not that I recall much of that one either except the fact that it was set in the dark future of 1998. They sure are great for a hangover, anyway Watchmen02

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-12-2012, 01:02 PM
(06-12-2012 01:00 PM)scarydk Wrote:  
(06-12-2012 12:40 PM)soundguy Wrote:  just watched a movie called doomsday

yep.. this one had an escape feel, and there was a time limit.. etc. and while there was 'urgency' by some of the characters.. the leat female.. seemed to be mor elike a machine.. just going thru the steps.

i just didn't 'feel' this one.

oh well.. wht do i expect for 5-$ wlmart specials.. Watchmen02
I saw this movie when it premiered, but can't really recall it. I guess it didn't leave much of an impression. I know that back then it actually made me think of the movie Escape from New York (1981). Not that I recall much of that one either except the fact that it was set in the dark future of 1998. They sure are great for a hangover, anyway Watchmen02
07-27-2012, 04:53 AM
Good call on the mad max feel. Though it honestly felt way too cliche on the apocalypse portion with the cannibalism and the deranged group.
07-27-2012, 08:32 PM
yepp!!
07-29-2012, 11:51 AM
I love Doomsday. It borrows from every movie type I love.
Mad max, moves into resident evil and a quick jump into a world of excalibur..!!
Just lots of fun in my opinion.

Not the face!! Not the face!!