Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Dead Linger
04-19-2012, 07:52 PM
The Dead Linger
I came across this title, "The Dead Linger" on Kickstarter this afternoon and it sounds pretty intriguing. In so far as I actually chose to pledge $50 towards it lol. I have been hoping for an open world zombie survival game for some time and this sounds like a good start to me.

I work in the video game industry and a few of my co-workers and I have dabbled in a little side project off and on but nothing ever really got going. (plus it's hard / discouraged to work on your own IPs when working for a large studio)
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-20-2012, 02:35 AM
RE: The Dead Linger
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Doesn't seem like there's any footage thought, only concept art.

"From the shards of tattered dreams, I rose - unwilling... Tossed upon tides of pain that flowed and ebbed and left me searingly awake. And more revoltingly - alive..."
04-20-2012, 07:56 AM
This might be a bit beside the topic, but why isn't Dead Island seen as a an open world zombie survival game? It has rather large, free environments, free character progression and more weapon choices you could shake a sharp stick at. It may not be the GTA of zombie games, but I would still call it an open world game.
04-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Open World yes, but strictly an FPS. There is no survival tactic / aspect of the game at all. I've never been a huge fan of run and gun FPS gameplay
04-20-2012, 03:28 PM
It looks cool and at least ins't all that expensive...

Wish my money was compromised with zombicide... =/

A good measure for the power of a weapon is how cool it looks...
10-12-2012, 04:39 PM
For sure it is also an interesting zombie games, the title sounds good and I guess I also enjoy playing this type of game, I start looking forward on this game and start learning the game system.

Free online zombie games