Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Forest of Hands and Teeth
06-14-2011, 12:37 AM
The Forest of Hands and Teeth
For some reason I thought this was a book about an occult girls private school...

SURPRISE! It's a book about Zombies!

Set long after the Zombie apocalypse, the zombies in this world never rot, and in the absence of humans they simply hibernate until they sense the presence of food (brains and the like Zombie03 ) Thus, even though it's been possibly hundreds of years since the outbreak (No one really knows) the zombie threat STILL lurks and rules the lives of all who struggle to make their way in the world. Perhaps billions of zombies are hibernating in the forests that have grown up over the cities of America and the rest of the world. The heroine is a young girl coming of age in a village walled off from the "Forest of Hands and Teeth" by a series of wire fences long ago erected to contain the zombie threat.

The book is definitely written for Young Adults but even though some of the teen girl plot drove me absolutely bonkers, the unique setting kept me reading till the end.

Anyway, it's a great unique selection for Zombie lovers, in my opinion! Anyone read it?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-12-2011, 06:35 PM
RE: The Forest of Hands and Teeth
It actually sounds like an awesome plot. I've never heard of this book, where did you discover it? How much does it cost. I've been looking for a good book, and this doesn't sound like any other zombie books I've read.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply