Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Lost Colony
08-25-2012, 06:49 PM
The Lost Colony
I understand that The Coast map has a road off to the North & the Hero Pack 2 mentions "The Lost Colony.

So more FFP goodies to come ?

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-25-2012, 07:07 PM
RE: The Lost Colony
(08-25-2012 06:49 PM)Old Dwarf Wrote:  I understand that The Coast map has a road off to the North & the Hero Pack 2 mentions "The Lost Colony.

So more FFP goodies to come ?

OD

Yup. I don't know what I think of this. There's a short discussion regarding this over on BGG:
http://boardgamegeek.com/article/9906457#9906457

Like mentioned on BGG, this is starting to feel a little like milking the cash cow, although I don't actually have a problem with it . . . it just feels like the Coast should have ended the map in a tidy little rectangle. If the next map to the road leading north is a square, it'll turn the board into a sideways L which will be a little strange.

Don't get me wrong . . . I'm not complaining about the possibility of another expansion, more just . . . surprised. I love the Hero Packs and web supplements, etc.

Although, I do actually have one complaint. I can't understand why they wouldn't put a Nutcracker token in, when they have one for the Shadow Witch and the new Reaper villain, which makes the Nutcracker the only villain without a token. I get that he was kind of supposed to be a "joke" villain for Christmas, but it just doesn't make sense to have one for every single other character, including both other web exclusive villains, and not the Nutcracker.
09-09-2012, 06:39 AM
If the map turns into an "L" shape with the next expansion, one could assume they are planning two more aside from that one which would make a 2x3 set of 6 boards that loop around back to the original board.
10-14-2012, 10:42 PM
What do you suppose the chances are that The Lost Colony is a standalone set ala Timber Peak, with the option of being added to The Coast, if you choose?

The Most Unread Blog on the Internet. Ever.: http://mostunreadblogever.blogspot.com
Roleplaying Game, Board Game and Card Game Reviews and Actual Plays
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-15-2012, 03:49 AM
(10-14-2012 10:42 PM)Tommy Brownell Wrote:  What do you suppose the chances are that The Lost Colony is a standalone set ala Timber Peak, with the option of being added to The Coast, if you choose?

That thought occurred to me last night! I hope it IS in the works & is released (say, next summer?).

As far as what I/we'd like to see in it: I'd LOVE to see it themed as a "Ghost Town" setting (abandoned). It would be a perfect vehicle to introduce more Haunts as well.

New buildings could include...hmm,...an abandoned fort would be cool.
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-15-2012, 03:09 PM
Well... I really don't like the expandalone idea. To be honest it feels like that its a compromise between an expansion and a new game.... Anybody else feel the same or know what I mean?

Just Keep Repeating It...
[img=468x60]http://www.thezombiegame.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10169/normal_itsonlyamovieinvert.jpg[/img]
10-15-2012, 10:37 PM
(10-15-2012 03:09 PM)SovTech Wrote:  Well... I really don't like the expandalone idea. To be honest it feels like that its a compromise between an expansion and a new game.... Anybody else feel the same or know what I mean?

I'm kinda digging in in TP. Because it works either way. It can stand on its own OR seamlessly integrate w/ the Base set either one. If they were to do the same w/ "The Lost Colony" I would dig that: Either a fully realized town that could be explored & would stand on its own, or could be added to the other board(s).

The "expandalone" concept was kind of what got me thinking about trying to kind of separate out the various elements of the the expansions of ATOE while still using them together.

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-19-2012, 10:09 PM
I could see it being expandalone... they could use some event card locations on that end of the map!

As to LNOE I have every expansion and promo set...but i want to keep th two towns within thier own flavor. No need for Farmer Sty to show up in Timber Peaks.... So I am just now going to set up some kind of division of cards in the expansions...some to Woodinvale ..some to Timber Peaks. Besides those decks were getting WAY to cumbersome! It will be good to split Growing Hunger and such between two towns...

10-19-2012, 10:27 PM
(10-19-2012 10:09 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  I could see it being expandalone... they could use some event card locations on that end of the map!

As to LNOE I have every expansion and promo set...but i want to keep th two towns within thier own flavor. No need for Farmer Sty to show up in Timber Peaks.... So I am just now going to set up some kind of division of cards in the expansions...some to Woodinvale ..some to Timber Peaks. Besides those decks were getting WAY to cumbersome! It will be good to split Growing Hunger and such between two towns...

Exactly. I dig on what you're saying. That's kind of the thought I had w/ ATOE too (hence the thread I had started about it.)

I've heard some folks suggest splitting the decks by "duplicates" (more than 1 copy of same card). I'd say that would work well.
---MSWatchmen01

10-20-2012, 02:52 AM
Well...Ill post what I end up with in the LNOE section.