Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Lost Colony
10-23-2012, 07:18 AM
RE: The Lost Colony
I like the idea of an expandalone lost colony that could serve as a prelude to the events of ATOE- Suppose for a secod that the board for the lost colony is actually a change in scale blow-up of the forgotten island!

It is alluded to that some strange happenings occured there in the century before the main game- maybe it could be set a hundred years prior!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Ahhhh, very cool idea, that could be a lot of fun.

You could set both games up and whenever someone on the Something Wicked board visits the Forgotten Island, you switch over and play the Lost Colony game in its entirety! Zombie17
10-23-2012, 07:42 PM
I think it especially works because the sense I got reading the flavor text for the forgotten island is that the island is potentially the source of all the evil in the area, particularly, the island is likely the spawning point for the curse of the werewolf. Native american involvement is likely, due to the totems, and a good backstory might involve a vengeful shaman laying down a curse on the lost colony after his people were massacred.

I could envision a new set of elders representing the original expedition party/colonial founders, possibly ancestors of the hanbrook family. In the present day, these deceased elders could double as haunting cards
10-23-2012, 10:40 PM
I wouldn't say it was the ONLY source. There seems to be SOMETHING waiting under the Abandoned Keep per one of the cards in The Coast...(shades of F. Paul Wilson's "The Keep" & all!) Zombie03
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-24-2012, 06:02 AM (This post was last modified: 10-24-2012 06:03 AM by themanfromsaturn.)
The abandoned keep doesn't strike me as the source of evil in shadowbrook, it was once a strong fortress, but it has been left to ruin and decline, and has become a nest of vampires and cutthroats.

I think a case could be made that some of the other locations are possible origins of evil; The olde woods is primeval and magical, who knows what the shipwreck could have brought along with it from the darkest corners of the world, and something very strange is going on in the inn...
10-24-2012, 10:47 PM
(10-24-2012 06:02 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  The abandoned keep doesn't strike me as the source of evil in shadowbrook, it was once a strong fortress, but it has been left to ruin and decline, and has become a nest of vampires and cutthroats.

I think a case could be made that some of the other locations are possible origins of evil; The olde woods is primeval and magical, who knows what the shipwreck could have brought along with it from the darkest corners of the world, and something very strange is going on in the inn...

Sorry. Just pointing out that it's possible that there's more than ONE source, which I think is quite likely. The text of the Coast card in question seems to hint that there's more than just Vampires & Highwaymen in the Keep...

Though I do agree if the is a "THE" source, the Island would be my first canidate too. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
10-25-2012, 04:56 AM
(10-24-2012 10:47 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 06:02 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  The abandoned keep doesn't strike me as the source of evil in shadowbrook, it was once a strong fortress, but it has been left to ruin and decline, and has become a nest of vampires and cutthroats.

Sorry. Just pointing out that it's possible that there's more than ONE source, which I think is quite likely. The text of the Coast card in question seems to hint that there's more than just Vampires & Highwaymen in the Keep...

Though I do agree if the is a "THE" source, the Island would be my first canidate too. Watchmen02
---MSWatchmen01

Total agreement. The greater shadowbrook area seems like a conflusion of evil sources forming a perfect storm of haunted horror.
10-25-2012, 05:22 AM
(10-25-2012 04:56 AM)themanfromsaturn Wrote:  
(10-24-2012 10:47 PM)MoonSylver Wrote:  

---MSWatchmen01

Total agreement. The greater shadowbrook area seems like a conflusion of evil sources forming a perfect storm of haunted horror.

Mmm Hmm. That's the conclusion I've come to as well. I like to think that it all has something to do with The Unspeakable Horror & the activities of its minions The Order of the Crimson Hand, which I feel like is tied to the Forgotten Island (& of course The Monastery).

Of course, in light of The Coast, the resident of Room 216 Sebastian Skinner (aka Mr. Scratch) would be a good candidate too.

Or even perhaps some other, as yet unrevealed, horror...Zombie05
---MSWatchmen01

10-26-2012, 01:11 PM
That old game 'Talisman' had an expansion called the Dungeon or something like that. On the original core set board it was just another encounter space. With the expansion the players landing on said space moved to another board detailing several spaces of the dungeon. I think the player took a kind of hyper turn to simulate the concentration of scale... When and if he made it through the player would return to the core board.

As for doing such with the Island and / or other spaces for ATOE? I dont know?

10-26-2012, 07:14 PM
(10-26-2012 01:11 PM)Pfr_Fate Wrote:  That old game 'Talisman' had an expansion called the Dungeon or something like that. On the original core set board it was just another encounter space. With the expansion the players landing on said space moved to another board detailing several spaces of the dungeon. I think the player took a kind of hyper turn to simulate the concentration of scale... When and if he made it through the player would return to the core board.

As for doing such with the Island and / or other spaces for ATOE? I dont know?

Yeah...I can't picture it for something like the Island WITH the other boards in that context, though I could see it as its own seperate thing.

I can picture it for The Lost Colony though...a whole seperate (abandoned?) Town that could be used in conjunction with the other sets or as its own standalone thing if it was set up on the same scale as, & with as many encounter, training, healing, & store locations as Shadowbrook. It would be nice too, since it would connect to The Coast which would mean you've got a Town close to Echo Lake & one to Tide water. If it is an abandoned (haunted) town it would be a good way to intrduce new Hauntings too.Zombie03

I dunno. Maybe my imagination is running away with me. I just got the newest expansion & I'm already speculating on the (possible) next one! Insane20
---MSWatchmen01