Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Manor, Lord Hanbrook and Darkest Secret
11-17-2012, 12:00 AM
The Manor, Lord Hanbrook and Darkest Secret
Not sure how this plays:

The Manor is identified as the Lair by the Heroes and Lord Hanbrook is still alive so he would immediately join the Hero Hunting Party in the Showdown. But a peek at his secrets reveals the Darkest Secret. He is also a Reluctant Hero but that is trumped by the Secret Evil card.

So at the Showdown, would Lord Hanbrook immediately join the Hunting Party (The Manor Lair card) BUT then immediatley become an Evil Elder (Darkest Secret)? And as the vilian is The Reaper, Lord Hanbrook would he then immediately Flee Town and desert the Villian?
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-17-2012, 12:14 AM
RE: The Manor, Lord Hanbrook and Darkest Secret
That is a genuinely tangled mess of card and ability interaction, but I think you're correct, and that hanbrook flees town and moves the shadow track.
11-17-2012, 01:53 AM
The Man From Saturn has got it (& so do you!) Darkest Secret trumps Reluctant Hero & the Manor Lair card, & that activates the Reaper's special & LH skips town. Zombie03
---MS

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"
11-17-2012, 09:04 AM
(11-17-2012 01:53 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  The Man From Saturn has got it (& so do you!) Darkest Secret trumps Reluctant Hero & the Manor Lair card, & that activates the Reaper's special & LH skips town. Zombie03
---MS

Excellent and thanks to all. Pleased that I'm getting to grips with the Secrets cards!

And of course the Shadow marker is not advanced when LH Flees Town.
11-17-2012, 06:10 PM
(11-17-2012 09:04 AM)Achtung Panzer Wrote:  
(11-17-2012 01:53 AM)MoonSylver Wrote:  The Man From Saturn has got it (& so do you!) Darkest Secret trumps Reluctant Hero & the Manor Lair card, & that activates the Reaper's special & LH skips town. Zombie03
---MS

Excellent and thanks to all. Pleased that I'm getting to grips with the Secrets cards!

And of course the Shadow marker is not advanced when LH Flees Town.

My pleasure. Watchmen02 Learning any FFP game is a little bit of a process, but once you get the rules down most of the rules interpretation turns into "A+B=C, unless D occurs, & then E" Zombie03

"If you had any sense, you'd leave now! Get out while ya still can! It's too late for th' rest'a us. The Horseman rides tonight, an' he's comin' to take us all ta Hell!"