Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Map Common Item
06-28-2012, 10:36 PM
The Map Common Item
Spent last night going over the rules for our first bash of Fortune and Glory tonight and I think I have it mostly sussed. One question I have is the Map Common item you can buy when you are in a city says you can use it to ignore the terrain type you are in for that turn.. The rules state that terrain types dont really mean anything? So am I missing something? Whats the point of using it for that? Apart from that I cant wait to give it a crack tonight!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-29-2012, 10:37 PM
RE: The Map Common Item
Well we played it last night and it was fantastic! Playing it cleared up the rules on the Map card.... It did however open up a question on Allies.... I'll post a new thread for that
04-02-2013, 09:17 PM
Some card have effects depending on the terrain, I assume it means you can igore them
04-02-2013, 09:48 PM
For instance, if an opponent has "Attacked At Sea", you can use it to make your sea space not-sea for the moment. Or if the city you draw is coastal and you get Shanghaied (city event), you can play a map to make your city temporarily not coastal.. Or not-desert/not-mountain/etc...

If playing it in a Deep Jungle, you can possibly get a head start on an adventure by skipping exploration to find it. Or if your adventure is Ice Caves and you don't want to have to get the extra success for being in a polar terrain...
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user