Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The Martians!
09-04-2008, 10:29 AM
The Martians!
I while back, I posted this on BGG. I thought I'd share it here to see what you think, and oped a generalized discussion about "The Martians." Here is the post:

It's been known for a while that on the last page of the LNOE rulebook there's the phrase "The Martians are coming." Everyone at Flying Frog is very hush-hush about almost everything (even Growing Hunger -- I mean, it's coming out NEXT MONTH and we know almost nothing!), but I think that Mary Beth may have let a little news slip out on her Myspace blog:

from: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseac...=241894216

Friday, March 16, 2007

Frank's Theme
Current mood: mellow
Category: Music

This was from the movie Chickenhead. I wanted something that was like elevator music, that would get stuck in your head, and was SOOO annoying! I think I managed to achieve my goal. I now use part of it as my cell phone voice mail greeting.

Coming soon (well, as soon as I can redo the guitar and there's time to do the bass), my latest song, the first one with words (that aren't Latin Ecclesiastical phrases) since 2006, "Rocketship to the Sun". It's simple, only two verses and a bridge and choruses. I like it because it's a bit more rocked up, more like a ye olde song rather than what I've been doing lately. It was strange though, after singing film score/classical/techno style for a year long, I forgot what it was like to sing with English words and with some force to them.

I'm finished with my year long horror soundtrack, but am not able to release it yet because it's still classified. I'm hoping I can release it at least to friends by the end of April, but we'll see. Unfortunately, I'm not in control of work I do for others. I'm really proud of it, and even at 11 tracks total, I think it works together well as a whole [EDIT: She is, of course, talking about Last Night on Earth and its soundtrack]. Since it's taken a whole year to do, I feel kinda like it's my legacy. It's something I can show future generations whether it gets too painful to play or not. I really enjoyed doing it, and my next year long project looks like it's gonna be surrounding 50's space aliens attacking earth. It probably won't be as exciting to me as this one, but I'm hoping to use all those silly sound patches on my midi modules that I never get to use in normal music.

Take care, and have a Happy St. Patrick's day!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-04-2008, 02:46 PM
RE: The Martians!
Awesome find!!

A bit of a slip, but not too much...and just enough to be tantalizingly great!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-04-2008, 06:37 PM
This one I'll wait & see on,it doesn't grab me like FFP
other games theme wise.It will depend a lot on how its handled
(of course if they go the Orsen Wells route & invade New Jersey
them I'm in :coolWatchmen02a small town ? country ?the world?

War of the Worlds has been the subject of at least 1 board game
but it was a long time ago,so it will be interesting to
see how FFP handles it.

Maybe a Earth Germ track that once its reached the Martians
keel overZombie17

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again:
09-04-2008, 06:39 PM (This post was last modified: 09-04-2008 06:41 PM by Beorndog.)
Edit: Looks like Old Dwarf and me were typing at the same time as I hadn't seen his post when I submitted mine.

If it follows the pattern of past releases we'll probably know very little until next June.
I wonder if it will be like LNoE in which one or two players control the Martians and the rest are heroes hiding from them or will the heroes have a role more like the investigators in AToE influenced by the X-files or will it be something else all together?
Since they've based the other two games on movies what movies do you think this one will be influenced by? Signs or War of the Worlds or something else again?
09-04-2008, 10:55 PM
Great minds..............

OD

09-05-2008, 05:09 AM
Yeah, I'll have to see it before I buy it, but I think I'll like it.
09-06-2008, 03:47 PM
I'm with OD on this(Like I have a choiceZombie03 )
The alien Invasion thing doesn't really push any buttons
for me but if it looks interesting..maybe.

M

This night...I feel your breath
This night...I hear your voice!!
When you walk my dark path, love like a bloodbath
09-21-2008, 03:22 PM
If Martians are on the horizon, I think it would make for an interesting ensemble cast of pulp, B-movie board games.

ss
09-21-2008, 10:28 PM
silentshadow Wrote:If Martians are on the horizon, I think it would make for an interesting ensemble cast of pulp, B-movie board games.

ss

Hmm...maybe they will do Flash Gordon next(the 1930's
serial version.Ming had quite a few Munions,it could work.

OD

09-22-2008, 03:50 PM
I'll check it no matter what but I do hope it has some homage to either Wells tale or to the Mars Attacks stuff. But I am still waiting to get my hands on ATOE! Sheesh!

"Dead is Dead. Parts is parts. Dead guys is parts."-Ripperjack.

"When There Is No More Room In Hell, Paul W.S. Anderson Films Walk The Earth."