Hi everyone! I would like to thank Jeff D for his excellent donation. It will keep tzg.com up and running for about 4 months! If you feel so inclined, please feel free to click on that donation link to help keep the lights on. Much appreciated!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The More the Merrier...Or Is It?
06-28-2012, 03:02 AM
The More the Merrier...Or Is It?
What's the most number of heroes you've played LNOE with? The other night it was just me and a friend and we played a basic game with 6 heroes. We didn't see anything wrong with it at the time but it made a 90min game go on to be a 3 1/2 hr game. I played zombies and almost won but he killed the last one right before i was able to inflict a final wound. Is there a max number of heroes you're supposed to play with or can you play with all eight? I know more heroes are a big disadvantage to the zombies but it can also be an advantage in that they go through the hero deck much quicker.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-28-2012, 03:06 AM (This post was last modified: 06-28-2012 03:07 AM by mqstout.)
RE: The More the Merrier...Or Is It?
Expanding the number of heroes does not work gracefully except when ALL of the players are total noobs. The game is designed to be played with four (and only four!) heroes. If you have fewer players than heroes, double up.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-28-2012, 03:48 PM
All Hallows Eve 2: The Ritual
Once again it is All Hallows Eve and the dead are rising from their slumber. Father Joseph has devised a plan to send the angry dead back to their graves, once and for all, but it won't be easy. He has prepared a holy ritual at the center of town; marking ritual circles on the ground, reciting incantations, and assembling all manner of powerful artifacts to aid him. But the ritual is not yet complete, and the hour grows late!

As a special treat for the spookiest of seasons we have posted a brand new free Web Scenario on the Official Flying Frog Website - http://www.flyingfrog.net

Download Flying Frog Productions Web Content Here
All Hallows Eve 2: The Ritual.pdf
This is the biggest and craziest scenario released to date and uses 8 L-shaped Boards (requires Growing Hunger), as well as 6 Heroes!

It also is the first official Scenario to allow for up to 9 players (6 Hero Players and 3 Zombie Players)!

Happy Gaming and Happy Halloween!

Freak02 " Feed me your Flesh " Freak05
06-28-2012, 05:58 PM
Unless there is a specific scenario that calls for more (such as the Halloween web scenario PJON posted here), you are only really supposed to play with four heroes. More would obviously change the balance.

However, if your group doesn't have a problem with it, it certainly never hurts to have your own house rules. If you want to play with 6 heroes, feel free. Just remember it may upset the balance of the game. In other words, it could make the game easier for the heroes.

My personal recommendation is to stick to the four heroes. But, again, to each his own. I can't help but ask, though... What did your friend think of controlling 6 heroes all by himself?

When my wife and I have played by ourselves, I find it hard enough to keep track of four heroes! LOL! I have to stop a moment and think "Okay... wait... who did I already move, or search with?" LOL!

For me personally, I prefer when I get to control two heroes. It isn't so many that it is hard to remember who has done what, who has what, etc, but it also gives you a chance to control more than one. Of course, it is still fun when you only control one hero, but then you don't get to do quite as much, obviously.
07-01-2012, 09:08 PM
The All Hallow's Eve scenario sounds fun. I think we'll try that one during our next game night.

When we played that night, having 6 heroes on the board didn't give them that much bigger of an advantage. Zombies still almost won.

The only problem he had with controlling 6 heroes was not necessarily who he had moved already (he played them in a specific order) but that the heroes turn took forever. With all the heroes searching, he kept having to go back and look through all the cards he was accumulating. He did this multiple times during his turns and this didn't include his decision-making time.

To the zombies' advantage, because of so many heroes, the heroes went in a specific order every turn no matter the situation. It wasn't until towards the end of the game he stopped doing that. He just used spare dice to keep track of which hero was used already.
07-02-2012, 06:09 AM (This post was last modified: 07-02-2012 07:33 AM by scarydk.)
On several occasions have I played this game with more than 4 Heroes simply because my group is slightly larger and I prefer playing the zombie side alone.

A while back I posted the following on BGG as a result of discussing this very matter.

Although it could use an update, I think with the Dot System adding some extra Heroes to the game just create possibilities for extra fun. Having recently acquired the Zombies with Grave Weapons and SOTF it's time to hit back hard Watchmen02

At least having 6 players (inspired by All Hallows Eve) works fine in my group. The game takes slightly longer but we all have fun playing it and I haven't experienced any critical long waits. That said I'm sure this really depends on the group. No doubt this will definitely be a problem in some groups. All I'm saying is you can make it it work even if the game runs more smoothly with 4 Heroes.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
07-02-2012, 08:27 PM
That rule guide for adding heroes is awesome! Thanks for sharing that, scarydk. I will definitely have to try this out if I ever get a large group together.
07-03-2012, 06:44 AM
Overhere it is best played with 5 persons maximum. We tried the 9 player game but people just got to distracted and started chatting with eachother rather than following the actual events in the game.

I am the reason God stopped watching.
07-03-2012, 07:45 AM
(07-02-2012 08:27 PM)StayPuft Wrote:  That rule guide for adding heroes is awesome! Thanks for sharing that, scarydk. I will definitely have to try this out if I ever get a large group together.

Thanks for the Rep, StayPuft. I'm glad you like it but like I said, it could really use an update as it's sort of limited in scope. My main reason for posting was to advocate for more players (additional Hero players and not more zombie players!) as I find it to be fun - that's if the players focus on the game at hand of course.

"It's the smell... it's driving them CRAZY!"
07-03-2012, 11:34 AM
(07-03-2012 06:44 AM)Emp Wrote:  Overhere it is best played with 5 persons maximum. We tried the 9 player game but people just got to distracted and started chatting with eachother rather than following the actual events in the game.

LoL..that does happen a lot in multiple player Games
but this is the first time I've noticed anyone point it out.

OD

Sighing like the night wind and sobbing like the rain,—
Wailing for the lost one that comes not again: